Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 05:37 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,184 times

Advertisements

The first playoff game hasn't even been played yet and there is all of this talk about a Baltimore - San Francisco Super Bowl.
I guess the other 10 teams are just going to roll over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 05:58 AM

84 posts, read 31,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The first playoff game hasn't even been played yet and there is all of this talk about a Baltimore - San Francisco Super Bowl.
I guess the other 10 teams are just going to roll over.
Actually could be Baltimore vs the Saints also. I don't think anyone has ruled them out.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEllington View Post
Actually could be Baltimore vs the Saints also. I don't think anyone has ruled them out.
Actually, it could be New England, Kansas City, Houston, Buffalo, or Tennessee.
I don't think that anyone has ruled them out.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:22 AM

84 posts, read 31,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Actually, it could be New England, Kansas City, Houston, Buffalo, or Tennessee.
I don't think that anyone has ruled them out.
Actually, with the exception of KC, most analysts have put the odds on the other teams between slim and practically none.

Old 01-01-2020, 06:47 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times
The first playoff game hasn't even been played yet and there is all of this talk about a Baltimore - San Francisco Super Bowl. I guess the other 10 teams are just going to roll over.

Some seem to be heavy into the betting and odds angle, which is fine, this is the way some enjoy sports, all about odds. There is a thread about it, not many posting though.

Any given Sunday, or when professional sports are played, strange things can happen. I've said the last half of the season Ravens look really strong, but I do like the Chiefs. I wouldn't count out any team, same for the NFC.

Pick Watch has all these red squares where the odds were definitely wrong, and all the media types went with the odds!

Old 01-01-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEllington View Post
Actually, with the exception of KC, most analysts have put the odds on the other teams between slim and practically none.
I don't give a crap what the "analysts" think. The ONLY thing that matters is what happens on the field.
When was the last time that an AFC team beat New England in the playoffs? I would NEVER count them out until they were actually beaten. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the Patriots were in the AFC Championship game again - and I'm NOT a Patriots fan.

As far as San Francisco is concerned, they very well might not make it past next Saturday. They MIGHT have to play the LAST team to beat the Patriots in a playoff game.

Old 01-01-2020, 07:13 AM

1,149 posts, read 451,620 times
This is literally the best playoff field I've recalled in the NFL in a very long time. I've bemoaned all the increased parity thru the years, even despite the Patriots dominance. By parity, I more mean a few contenders in each conference that are clearly better than the next tier, but I look at and still label as just "good" teams at best.

Some dam good football teams at the top. Some second tier dangerous teams like Buffalo, and true threats to the top team, like a resurgent KC because of it's newfound defense. The fact that New Orleans is only a 3 seed, should tell you a lot. In fact, its extremely rare that a 13-3 team hasn't gotten a bye. Even a 12-4 division winner, referring to the Patriots.

There's no way this coming Super Bowl matchup is an easy one to forecast.

Old 01-01-2020, 07:59 AM

There's no way this coming Super Bowl matchup is an easy one to forecast.

Exactly! There are some though who totally discount any other team having a chance, other than the top 4. However, this is why they play the games!

Old 01-01-2020, 09:50 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
The playoffs are always unpredictable. I think any team in right now has a legitimate shot. No outcome to any game will surprise me.

Old 01-01-2020, 09:57 AM

Good point, Iknow but some say if you are positive about your team, you have rose colored glasses, aren't realistic or whatever. Sometimes being a fan of a team is about being optimistic, not going with the odds, eye test or what analysts think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football