Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 10:01 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
My TB Bucs really pushed him into the NFL retirement MODE in a hurry.
Quote:
If CHOKER is too big fer ya, what WOULD you call him then ? ? ? ? An Ability Lacker To Win Games ???

Same Crap !!!!!!
Buccaneers win their second super bowl in their otherwise forgettable and very quiet 44 year existence, and all of a sudden their fans turned into being loud and boastful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 11:54 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Buccaneers win their second super bowl in their otherwise forgettable and very quiet 44 year existence, and all of a sudden their fans turned into being loud and boastful.
I know right. Brees has a record of 20-10 against Tampa. He helped push three or four coaches out the door in Tampa.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:00 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,695,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I know right. Brees has a record of 20-10 against Tampa. He helped push three or four coaches out the door in Tampa.
Bad Coaches NEED to be Fired, no doubt !!!!!
Anybody's help is accepted . .

Old 03-18-2021, 07:40 AM

1,982 posts, read 973,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Yep. They started out 0-26.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Yep. They started out 0-26.
Good Job...U Googled it ???

I was there at the Big Sombrero for their 1st Win at Home too !!!! After they beat the Saints in N.O and they all wanted to go drown in their Lake that Floods the City with every heavy rain..

Old 03-18-2021, 03:14 PM

It maybe hard to understand, but in Florida NFL's Stadiums normally a high percentage of the crowd is rooting for the Visiting Team..

In Miami you don't want to be inside when the Jets play there..Fights and More Fights in the Stands....Out of town Teams in Jacksonville or Tampa, the same..

I lived across the Bay from Tampa and we had really good friends yrs ago from Fon du Lac..We went every year with them and spent time with the Packers Backers in the Parking Grounds, and eventough we were wearing the Bucs colors, we always had great food and beers there for a super reasonable price.

In Florida Bowling Alleys go broke and not many people follow Pro Teams and BUY Into Them...Fishing, Boating, Camping and the Outdoors are Free and thus the Number One Entertaiment for Us.

We follow ALL our Pro Teams, but they are definetely, SECONDARY !!!

No Winters to interfere with daily Life here ~~

Last edited by Huasho; 03-18-2021 at 04:34 PM..

Old 03-18-2021, 09:10 PM

3,734 posts, read 2,562,051 times
Quote:
..in Florida NFL's Stadiums normally a high percentage of the crowd is rooting for the Visiting Team..

I lived across the Bay from Tampa and we had really good friends yrs ago from Fon du Lac..We went every year with them and spent time with the Packers Backers in the Parking Grounds,
~~
That's how Clipper games in LA used to be.. they actually used to market the visiting team in print ads, they figured nobody would be coming to watch the Clippers.

Thanks for sharing old school Buc memories.. u must go back aways, if u were going to annual NFC Central games between Tampa-Green Bay

Old 03-19-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
That's how Clipper games in LA used to be.. they actually used to market the visiting team in print ads, they figured nobody would be coming to watch the Clippers.

Thanks for sharing old school Buc memories.. u must go back aways, if u were going to annual NFC Central games between Tampa-Green Bay
Yep...the Old Sombrero, when it rained in Tampa at game time it poured down cascades inside the Stadium..we got soaked everytime and we were always asked to go under the Seats Inside the Gates for security purposes.

The other day I found an Old Stadium Ticked autographed by Council Rudolph* after the Bucs 1st Win at home at the end of their 2nd Season.

Great Memories.

(*Council Rudolph, Jr. is a former professional American football player. Wikipedia
Born: January 18, 1950 (age 71 years), Anniston, AL
Height: 6′ 4″
Education: Kentucky State University
Position: Defensive end
)

Old 03-20-2021, 03:07 PM

1,982 posts, read 973,595 times
Quote:
Good Job...U Googled it ???

I was there at the Big Sombrero for their 1st Win at Home too !!!! After they beat the Saints in N.O and they all wanted to go drown in their Lake that Floods the City with every heavy rain..
Nope. I knew it. I watched a documentary on those Bucs teams a while back. Steve Spurrier was the starting QB. They were just god awful. The best aspect of them was listening to John McKay's lingo and postgame press conferences.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:40 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,708,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
I wouldn't call Brees a choker. But he did generally lack that transcendent ability to elevate his team in the postseason.

Brees led the Saints to the postseason nine times, seeded as follows:
#1 (x2)
#2 (x2)
#3 (x2)

One Super Bowl appearance in that run is less than one would expect. Now, that did include a win over the favored Manning-led Colts, and Brees played very well. But again, there should have been more.

Under Brees, the Saints were 1-5 on the road in the postseason. That sole win came when the 11-5 Saints travelled to Philadelphia to play the 10-6 Eagles, who had the home field by virtue of winning their division while the Saints were a wild card. They squeaked out a 2-point win on a last second field goal. Brees had a mediocre game.

At home? Brees' Saints got bounced out of the playoffs the last three season of his career at Superdome. And the only postseason game he played in San Diego was a home loss to the Jets.

His career is by no means a bad one. He leads the NFL in all-time passing yards (though Brady will, barring injury, pass him in the first few games of 2021). And he's got a ring. He'll be rightfully announced as a pending inductee into the Hall of Fame in January 2026. But there are QBs who consistently took their teams deep in the postseason - Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, Manning, Elway, some others - and Brees just isn't in that company.
Quote:
If CHOKER is too big fer ya, what WOULD you call him then ? ? ? ? An Ability Lacker To Win Games ???

Same Crap !!!!!!
Uh... no...

First of all, Brees is #4 all-time in QB wins with a 60% winning percentage (regular season), and tied for 12th place all-time in postseason wins. So if you think Brees has some general inability to win games, you must be profoundly confused.

Second, an inability to win big games is not what it means to choke. To choke refers to failing to execute when one should execute, especially in a sustained or particularly egregious manner. Missing a two-foot put. Missing a 30-yard field goal. Blowing a large lead. In general, Brees led his team to victory when they were favored and didn't when they weren't. That's not bad. It's just not that transcendent indefinable ability possessed by players like Brady and Montana and Bradshaw.

Third, in your unhinged anti-Brees rant you somehow failed to notice that my post was arguing against the over-rating of Brees. But I wasn't being absurd about it by calling him a choker because ... well, because unlike some confused people, I know what the word means.

Clues are free. You should get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football