Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 11:47 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,724,376 times

Advertisements

They need a QB, and he's the best in the draft and from Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2020, 12:19 AM

834 posts, read 528,603 times
Will he pull an Eli Manning though and threaten to go to grad school if he isn't traded?

Old 01-15-2020, 06:11 AM

1,149 posts, read 451,434 times
No. And even two months ago, I in no way believed the "draft experts", who thought Cinci would pass on him in favor of Chase Young.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:14 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,924,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
They need a QB, and he's the best in the draft and from Ohio.
It's a lock that he'll go to Cincy and get paid very well.

If they pass on him, they're crazy.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:18 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Chase Young disappeared in important games. Burrow excelled. If the Bengals are interested in Tua they could trade down if another team is offering a draft haul treasure. Otherwise they'll roll with Burrow. Kid is NFL ready.

Old 01-15-2020, 06:51 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I think Burrow is the best choice for the Bengals. He is going from one stripey cat team to another.

ANOTHER question is, what of Andy Dalton? he has a few comebacks left in his career, maybe a few, but he can still contribute to a team given the chance. Maybe a team that needs a good QB influence, like, Say, I don;t know...the Browns? Someone who can be a good influence on the young brash QB they have now and help guide him into being the good QB he was supposed to be, without the attitude and distractions. Maybe

Old 01-15-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think Burrow is the best choice for the Bengals. He is going from one stripey cat team to another.

ANOTHER question is, what of Andy Dalton? he has a few comebacks left in his career, maybe a few, but he can still contribute to a team given the chance. Maybe a team that needs a good QB influence, like, Say, I don;t know...the Browns? Someone who can be a good influence on the young brash QB they have now and help guide him into being the good QB he was supposed to be, without the attitude and distractions. Maybe
Total speculation, but it has been brought up by Peter King that if the Patriots and Brady parted ways, Bill Belichick would be interested in having Andy Dalton.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:05 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
Total speculation, but it has been brought up by Peter King that if the Patriots and Brady parted ways, Bill Belichick would be interested in having Andy Dalton.

He'd be a stop-gap. But, I do think he'd be the best of what would be available.

I've always wondered just what Andy Dalton could do on a team that had, even an average, rushing game.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
He'd be a stop-gap. But, I do think he'd be the best of what would be available.

I've always wondered just what Andy Dalton could do on a team that had, even an average, rushing game.
I do agree. I really don't think Andy Dalton is all that bad. Too many times, especially when it comes to the quarterback, fans think anyone not named Brady/Brees/Mahomes/Rodgers is some easily replaced guy who would just as well be served to either be cut or go to the XFL. A lot of moving parts when it comes to circumstances surrounding any one player, particularly a quarterback. I'm sure not too long ago if someone projected Ryan Tannehill to be the quarterback to have a team one step from playing in a Super Bowl, he/she would have been mocked and caricatured somewhere on Twitter. On that front too, I didn't consider Tannehill to be a lost cause ither: good arm, but pocket presence was terrible, and he made immense strides under Adam Gase until the two devastating injuries.

Old 01-15-2020, 01:29 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
I do agree. I really don't think Andy Dalton is all that bad. Too many times, especially when it comes to the quarterback, fans think anyone not named Brady/Brees/Mahomes/Rodgers is some easily replaced guy who would just as well be served to either be cut or go to the XFL. A lot of moving parts when it comes to circumstances surrounding any one player, particularly a quarterback. I'm sure not too long ago if someone projected Ryan Tannehill to be the quarterback to have a team one step from playing in a Super Bowl, he/she would have been mocked and caricatured somewhere on Twitter. On that front too, I didn't consider Tannehill to be a lost cause ither: good arm, but pocket presence was terrible, and he made immense strides under Adam Gase until the two devastating injuries.
Yeah, the benching of Dalton for Ryan Finley was terrible. I think the Bengals have to draft Burrow. Native son that probably wants to play for them? At QB? No brainer. Plus, he is one of those picks that if he doesnt pan out, no one would blame them for taking him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football