Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Super Bowl LIV: Who's Your Pick to Win?
San Francisco 49ers 27 46.55%
Kansas City Chiefs 31 53.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 08:40 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,794,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
You'll find more NFC North, Cowboys, Niners, Broncos and Raiders fans here. Chiefs (and Missouri teams in general) don't have as much of a presence out here.
I don't doubt there are more fans of other teams there, but I have personally heard of a lot of KC people make the move out that way. But to be honest, you guys get a LOT of people from pretty much everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 08:42 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,017,988 times
Another season in the books. Another season the Lions weren't in the Super Bowl.

"Next year" for decades.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:45 PM

4,678 posts, read 3,883,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
That last play felt like the game right there...the Chiefs need to rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The beginning of the end for the Chiefs!
That was with over 12 min left to play in a 10 point game. High power offenses can carve up tired defenses in the 4th quarter you wouldn't believe.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:45 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,864,144 times
OP you didn't miss much.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:52 PM

9,797 posts, read 7,528,071 times
I was working didn't get home until the 4th quarter had started, but from the snippets I watched (granted maybe there were moments I missed [I recorded it on Fubo TV and watching it now]) but it's nice to see the game decided without having the zebras having a say in it. Really thought it was well called by Bill Vinkovich, the only call I'd question was the offensive PI on George Kittle at the end of the half, but everyone in the booth agreed it was the right call. The PI call on the Niners defender that was guarding I think Kelcee was easily pass interference, but I have a feeling if the defender turns around and actually pretends to make a play on the ball they would have let that play out even though it still should've been pass interference anyways.

As someone that slammed the refs after both the NFC & the AFC Championship games last year I'll come back and praise them this year! Let the players on the field win the game

And congrats to the Chiefs! By the way, Shanahan has been in 2 Super Bowls (I don't think he was on his dad's staff in Denver) and in the 2 Super Bowl's he's had a 10 point 4th quarter lead in both games and lost them both. That's not good. The fact the Niners got outscored the final 6:45 or whatever it was 21-0 really isn't good. Hopefully that doesn't become his calling card.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:54 PM

1,149 posts, read 455,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
John Lynch, why did you come down from the suite early in the 4th quarter? Starting to think Kyle Shannahan is cursed. First it was Arthur Blank in Atlanta and now John Lynch. If you start the game In the suite you need to stay there until the game is for sure in hand.
Good point. I started thinking of the end of regulation in the Atlanta New England SB as it relates to Shanahan. Thought he was still putting the ball in the air too much, up 24-20. As a side note. Jimmy G did not inspire confidence in me that he is a long term answer as a starting QB, even though the Niners were about to nail the coffin shut.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,626,359 times
Great offenses win championships.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:08 PM

9,797 posts, read 7,528,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That last play was very un-sportsman like. A bomb? Really? Take a knee, show some class.

It was 4th down. If you take a knee San Fran gets the ball back and I know your thinking "they aren't scoring 11 points in 5 seconds" which is probably true, but why risk that chance?? If you want to talk about running up the score, than Williams should've taken the knee after he got the first down and not gotten a touchdown. If anything it probably decreased the Chiefs chances of winning believe it or not, and I was actually screaming at my TV for him to go down. You take a knee at 1:15, San Fran has already used 1 timeout (they are probably using their second there) so they'd have 1 timeout left. Let's say Shanahan uses the 3rd timeout after the first down play and it last 2 seconds that's 1:13. Now let's say the 2nd & 3rd down play each take 2 seconds, and the Chiefs use 39 seconds on the 2nd & 3rd down play. It would be impossible for the Niners to get the ball back in that case if he takes a knee.

Since he doesn't take the knee, the Niners have about 1:10 with 2 timeouts left to get a touchdown, 2 point conversion, onside kick and a field goal. They would've needed a miracle anyways, but at least they still would've had a chance.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:23 PM

6,751 posts, read 4,444,205 times
I lose interest in the 2 weeks between the playoffs and the Super Bowl. The Chiefs do deserve the win though.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:26 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,013,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
There's fireworks going off in downtown Phoenix. You'd think the Cardinals won the game.
My niece said there were fireworks in Omaha, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football