Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 12:36 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,618 times

Advertisements

Well since there are no sports going on right now, at least the NFL is making news since yesterday.

Dak is on franchise tag, along with D Henry of the Titans.
Tannehill just hit the lotto.
How can the Texans get rid of Hopkins for an experience, injury prone RB in Johnson? Good for the cards to unload the nasty contract especially since K Drake has proven to be a decent back.
Cousins gets another 2 years to show he is nothing special!
Dolphins sign Giants draft bust, turned redskin for 3 years with 20mil guaranteed on a 30mil contract. So they pay this guy a boatload of money, but got rid of Tunsil last year.

Any other football news? So i Brady down to pats and bucs? Or will the chargers step up after they lose a shot at Bridgewater to try to fill those empty seats in a brand new stadium?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 01:34 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
That Hopkins one is a shocker. Arguably the best receiver in the league. In his prime still. No outrageously expensive contract. Appear to be a good locker room player. Don't get the thinking. It's a draft that is supposed to be loaded at the WR position but Texans don't have a first round pick I don't think.

Old 03-16-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
That Hopkins one is a shocker. Arguably the best receiver in the league. In his prime still. No outrageously expensive contract. Appear to be a good locker room player. Don't get the thinking. It's a draft that is supposed to be loaded at the WR position but Texans don't have a first round pick I don't think.
Yeah, I don't see any upside for the Texans on this one. Hopkins has been a stud on the field and at least no drama off the field that is public. Maybe some issues in the locker room? That potential issue aside, I say the Cards made out on this deal.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:24 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
Yeah, I don't see any upside for the Texans on this one. Hopkins has been a stud on the field and at least no drama off the field that is public. Maybe some issues in the locker room? That potential issue aside, I say the Cards made out on this deal.

Cards may have found their replacement for Fitzgerald.

I believe there were some underlying issues with Hopkins and management in Houston. A story came out during the playoffs as I recall where he said he was considering taking next year off. I think he wanted a new contract, they weren't willing and.. Bye.. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

But.. overall.. Bad move by Houston, IMO.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Cards may have found their replacement for Fitzgerald.

I believe there were some underlying issues with Hopkins and management in Houston. A story came out during the playoffs as I recall where he said he was considering taking next year off. I think he wanted a new contract, they weren't willing and.. Bye.. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

But.. overall.. Bad move by Houston, IMO.
Hard to replace Fitzgerald as he is just an all around good dude. But if anyone can, Hopkins have shown to be very reliable.

More news:
Colts trade 1st-round pick for 49ers DT DeForest Buckner. Colts will pay him $21mil/year. Good for him and hope he has a good season.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:16 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Hard to replace Fitzgerald as he is just an all around good dude. But if anyone can, Hopkins have shown to be very reliable.

More news:
Colts trade 1st-round pick for 49ers DT DeForest Buckner. Colts will pay him $21mil/year. Good for him and hope he has a good season.

Larry, I suspect, will be with that franchise for a very long time to come.. Even though his playing career is likely on it's final season.

Totally agree with you.. Hard to find players like him. Just flat out good guys.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:29 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Kyler Murray has to be a strong candidate for MVP next season IMO.

2017-Wentz breaks out in second year (wins MVP if he doesn't tear his ACL)
2018- Mahomes breaks out in second year and wins MVP
2019- Jackson breaks out in second year and wins MVP
2020- Murray's second year with Hopkins going deep and Fitzgerald to play the role of possession receiver

Old 03-16-2020, 05:21 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Well since there are no sports going on right now, at least the NFL is making news since yesterday.

Dolphins sign Giants draft bust, turned redskin for 3 years with 20mil guaranteed on a 30mil contract. So they pay this guy a boatload of money, but got rid of Tunsil last year.

Flowers ? he is a decent guard, not a 30 Million one though

I take buying free agency like buying a used car. Yes, you may find a bargain or a collectable car in the mix, but more often, you find high mileage, overpriced junk that someone else did not want or could not maintain for a reason.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Larry, I suspect, will be with that franchise for a very long time to come.. Even though his playing career is likely on it's final season.

Totally agree with you.. Hard to find players like him. Just flat out good guys.
I would love to have 53 players like Larry on my team any day of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

Flowers ? he is a decent guard, not a 30 Million one though

I take buying free agency like buying a used car. Yes, you may find a bargain or a collectable car in the mix, but more often, you find high mileage, overpriced junk that someone else did not want or could not maintain for a reason.
Oops, apologies, I forgot to include the name. Yes I was referring to E Flowers.

Old 03-16-2020, 05:39 PM

I think the Ravens got a good deal with the Calais Campbell trade. I know he's 33 but still has some gas in the tank and should be a good leader in the locker room.

The Dolphins pay Bryon Jones from the Cowboys, $40mil over the next 2 years! I admit, I haven't seen many Cowboy games last year, but I never heard about this guy. Any Boys fans that can shed some light on this guy? Is he worth it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football