Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 08:13 AM

7,598 posts, read 6,099,558 times

Advertisements

WOW the NFL Trade Deadline came and went. Two biggest trades, Cowboy Fan Roland Povloffski was traded to the Bears fanbase of a fan to be named later. Buccaneers ticket taker Harvey Smith was traded to the Jaguars for French Fry Vendor Artevius Moore. Not much else happened of interest in the trade deadline.

I am starting off by acknowledging that I will probably expand my Thursday Night losing streak. I do not want to pick against Susan's Packers, but Maniac's 49ers are so injured, which has not stopped them at times, while Aaron Rogers may be the only first stringer on the field....... Meanwhile, I am so easily entertained that I am excited that the MAC is back on weeknights. as for last Monday, I watched the game in Spanish just to not have to understand someone going on and on about the local team of whom I am tired

Susan's PACKERS @ Maniac's 49ers. I think it comes down to Aaron Rogers vs Kyle Shanahan, the latter of whom is young enough to play QB in today's NFL anyway. A random computer draw says to pick the 49ers, which is akin to a coin flip, which with all the variables at play, is causing me to overthink this one.
here is what I have come up with. There are three possible scenarios: 1, Aaron Rodgers commands the 2nd string over Shanahan's 2nd string and the Pack wins, OR 2 the 49ers outplay and outcoach the Pack at home and 49ers win, OR 3, they tie. I am certain that one team will win or there will be a tie. Ultimately, methinks that Aaron Rogers just throws on almost every play and his WR4 beats the 49ers CB5 . by a point.

==============A SUPER BOWL REMATCH !=============
Broncos @ FALCONS .
Normally, this year, the team that LOST the SUper Bowl wins the season game, but not always, If the Jets Cowboys are involved, forget it, and the Dirty Birds have yet to win at home and the Donkeys have only one road loss. What the Dirty Birds have is a dirty player, Harris, in a league which suddenly allows cheap shots and helmet to helmet hits on QB's after the play. Like in the Rasslin, "Hey, the ref didn't see it so it didn't happen" The NFL allows and tolerates it, even encourages it by not suspending players like Harris and Bostic, so Drew Lock will likely go out early with yet another injury, Harris will be ejected again, and the Donkeys will not be able to make a big comeback. On the other side of the ball, Billionaire Matt manages to blow another big lead, the sidelines mess up, and the game ends up with a one point difference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEAHAWKS @ Bill's Buffaloes . Carroll will outcoach McDermott, and is Wilson outplays Allen, the Birds win.

Nevermore RAVENS @ Colts. The Blackbirds are not ready to throw in the towel yet, and Phillip Rivers is due to for a major screwup.

TEXICANS @ Toothless Jaguars. What I hope is that the rookie For the Spotted Cats will impress and bring about an aggressive style for which the Texicans will be unprepared. If O'Brien were still coaching, this would happen. But I hope the cats win, because the more the Texicans lose, the better the FINZ pick becomes

Carolina Panthers @ CHIEFS . Top of the class Chiefs win this one and they are not taking a week off.

Detroit Lions @ VIKINGS Matt Stafford will not play.

Da Bears @ TITANS The Titans have the tools to win this, I have been saying that the Bears are overrated, but that could apply to over half the league right now, so who knows. The Titans may be too for all I know.

New York football Giants @ The TEAM FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS
RAIDERS @ Homeless Chargers If this were Oakland/san Diego with fans, it would be more fun. But at Salvation Army Field, with no fans, well, it lacks the punch. Literally.

My Finz @ PESKY RED BIRDS Kingsbury, Murray and Murphy at home host Tua and Co., in what may be a preview of the Super Bowl in about 2 or 3 years. think about that.

----------ANOTHER SUPER BOWL REMATCH------------------------
STEELERS @ Bobtex's Cowboys. Rumor is that for $75, you can have a Cowboy ticket on the sideline with the coaches and call 2 plays during the game.

Saints @ TAMPA BRADY BUCCANEERS This is the one game we like to try to go to every year, we went last year, Saints fans make the tailgating so much fun, BUT Covid cases are spiking in Tampa, the crowd is limited, and the tickets are over $600 each, so I'm staying home.

NEW EVIL PATRIOTS @ Grounded LaGuardia Jets. Funny thing is that Belichick will not need to photograph the Jet's sidelines this time around.

They play the game in that grassy area between the Runways at Laguardia. No fans were planning to go anyway.

Byes: Rams, Cincinnati striped cats, Iggles, EDIBLE BROWNIES The Stripey Cats and the Iggles take every Sunday off anyway. The Rams will rejuvenate, But the Brownies this cat likes, well, they are now legal in 4 more states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 11:05 AM

1,462 posts, read 976,620 times
Here are my picks, good luck all.

Packers @ 49ers
Broncos @ Falcons
Seahawks @ Bills
Ravens @ Colts
Texans @ Jaguars
Panthers @ Chiefs
Lions @ Vikings
Bears @ Titans
Giants @ Washington
Raiders @ Chargers
LKC and teqp's Dolphins @ Cardinals
Steelers @ Cowboys
Saints @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets

Old 11-05-2020, 04:54 PM

5,247 posts, read 6,172,859 times
Last week 8-6

Overall 79-39-1

Green Bay Packers

Atlanta Falcons.
Seattle Seahawks
Baltimore Ravens
Houston Texans
Kansas City Chiefs.
Minnesota Vikings.
Tennessee Titans.
The Washington football team.
Las Vegas Raiders
Arizona Cardinals.
Pittsburgh Steelers

New Orleans Saints

New England Patriots

Old 11-05-2020, 05:08 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,783,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Green bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers.

Denver Broncos @ Atlanta Falcons.
Seattle Seahawks @ Buffalo Bills.
Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts.
Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars.
Carolina Panthers @ Kansas City Chiefs.
Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings.
Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans.
New York football Giants @ The Washington football team.

Las Vegas Raiders @ LA Chargers.

Miami Dolphins @ Arizona Cardinals.
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Dallas Cowboys.

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

New England Patriots @ New York Jets.

Byes: homeless Rams, Cincinnati striped cats, Iggles, back to non-edible Brownies.
Packers
Broncos
Seahawks
Ravens
Texans
Chiefs
Lions
Titans
Giants
Raiders
Cardinals
Steelers
Saints
Patriots

Old 11-05-2020, 06:03 PM

200 posts, read 62,177 times
Missed a couple of weeks. Just been a little more crazy this year.
Picks in bold

Packers @ 49ersAnother Homer pick. 49ers .Dante Pettis is gone to the Giants is a +,not sure what else.
Broncos @ Falcons
Seahawks @ Bills
Ravens @ Colts
Texans @ Jaguars
Panthers @ Chiefs
Lions @ Vikings
Bears @ Titans
Giants @ Washington
Raiders @ Chargers
Dolphins @ Cardinals My Survivor Pick of the week. Also have Texans left
Steelers @ Cowboys
Saints @ Buccaneers
Patriots @ Jets

Old 11-06-2020, 04:17 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,664,154 times
Well, I am already 0-1 after screwing up my TNF pick! GB seemed to have no problem putting away the Niners...

Old 11-07-2020, 09:45 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,640,203 times
Well, I am already 0-1 after screwing up my TNF pick! GB seemed to have no problem putting away the Niners...

Because they may have been playing the backups to the backups! Have to hand it to Shanahan, he had those guys ready to play, they knew they were in a tough spot. Packers lost to the Vikings, which no one saw coming, so they really needed to get themselves back on track.

Old 11-08-2020, 12:58 AM

339 posts, read 149,027 times
Good vibes for everyone's picks tomorrow!

Matt Stafford is playing so I am standing FIRM by the Lions!

Good Luck to Dante Pettis, feel bad for him going to the Giants. I loved his Pops Gary Pettis when he played for my Angels in Southern California, I'm getting up there ha?

Last edited by FierceKaia; 11-08-2020 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: adding info

Old 11-08-2020, 01:55 AM

9,776 posts, read 7,496,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 9-5
Overall: 80-38-1

Green bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers. I wonder if this was a regular Sunday game if this would even be played with the Covid issues for Green Bay?? As is, the Packers have Covid issues, the Niners have a laundry list of people out injured, so the leading receiver for the Packers will be the beer vendor, while the hot dog vendor will be the leading receiver for the Niners, and the peanut vendor will have to pick up the bulk of the rushing yards. I really should just pick the home team, but Rogers, assuming he didn't come down with Covid will be the best player on the field for either team by a mile and I'll take him to lead Susan's Packers to a win.
Green bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers. Picked above.

Denver Broncos @ Atlanta Falcons. I can't with the Falcons anymore. I pick them they lose, pick against them they win, so I already lost this anyways . I flipped a coin and it came out Falcons so...
Seattle Seahawks @ Buffalo Bills. Against the Seahawks garbage pass defense Allen should be able to get some yards and points, but I'll take Russ to win late.
Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts. You know, IF the Ravens had beaten the Steelers last week this would be a letdown game for them I'd probably pick against them; since they lost to Pitt, the Ravens pick off Rivers 3 times and win by 3 touchdowns, in a game that isn't even that close.
Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. The "winner" is actually the loser in this game because they will almost certainly fall out of the Lawrence sweepstakes with how many bad teams there are. Since the Texans don't even own their first round pick this year anyways (Thanks BOB! ) they don't even have anything to tank for except to give the KingCat's 'Phins a better pick.
Carolina Panthers @ Kansas City Chiefs. CMC sounds like he'll be back but no way I'm picking the Panthers here.
Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings. Vikings off the win against the Pack last week keep it going.
Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans. I'll pick the Titans at home, Bears look like a paper tiger.
New York football Giants @ The Washington football team. I was going through the crappy NFC East schedules the other night and while it's not likely I came up with a scenario where the Football Team could actually have a chance at the division. Of course it's more of a product of how awful the division is because I didn't forecast the WFT finishing better than 6-10, but all of those scenario's involve beating the Giants. Of course with a Giants win I think that gets them to a half game (??) back of the Eagles so they are very much in play to but the Football team has a tad easier schedule.

Las Vegas Raiders @ LA Chargers. How will the Chargers lose this game?? Up 6 and in victory formation, they have to take 1 more snap, and Herbert fumbles the snap and the Raiders return it for a TD. Have they lost via that route yet??

Miami Dolphins @ Arizona Cardinals. Both teams are playing well but I think both are overachieving. Dolphins have been more consistent so even on the road I'll take them.
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Dallas Cowboys. The easiest lock of the week. Anyone who is still alive in their survivor pools and didn't use their pick on either Green Bay or Pittsburgh deserves to lose this week. IMO, this is an easier pick then the Pats over the Jets this week. The Steelers have a 99% chance of winning, I'd only put the Pats about 80%.

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Saints outdoors, and the Bucs lost week 1. I'll pass, thanks!

New England Patriots @ New York Jets. It seems totally out of character for him, but Bellicheck likely realizes his team isn't very good and probably not a playoff team, so what better way for them to screw the Jets once again, and lose for the first time in like 10 years to them, and potentially knock the Jets out of the 1 spot, while in the meantime moving themselves closer?? The problem with this is:
A) I don't see the Hoodie actively trying to lose or tank games
and B) The Jets are so bad that even if you tried losing, they'd probably find a way to bungle the game themselves anyways.

Old 11-08-2020, 02:10 AM

1,149 posts, read 453,045 times
Seattle is money on the road playing in the Eastern time zone the last two seasons. I believe it’s a staggering 8-0 now, including playoffs? Yet this is really a must-win for Buffalo if they intend to make any noise in January. I don’t think the way in which they beat the Patriots last week reversed their course recently.

Keep in mind too that the Ravens, since the Colts moved from Baltimore, have NEVER won at Indianapolis (that’s got to kill the old-time Baltimore football fan).

I like the Cardinals and the points vs the Fins as my lock of the week. If there’s an outright shocker Sunday, it’ll be Carolina winning at KC. I don’t trust the Chiefs run D whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football