Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Super Bowl LV (55) 07 FEB 2021: Who do you like?
Kansas City 30 54.55%
Tampa Bay 25 45.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 08:03 PM

1,982 posts, read 970,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
We are forecast to have rain all s=day Saturday and Most of Sunday The rain should slow down by game time, but the turf will likely be wet. There is a 30 % rain chance through the evening and into Monday. Kickoff temp forecast is 68 degrees

BUT this is FLorida, that is Today's prediction, and the forecast here can change hourly, like the weather .
I hope it pours down rain. Then, running games will be critical. I think CEH > Fournette.

Old 02-03-2021, 08:11 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,753,287 times
I think the Chiefs win without too much trouble.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:42 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I hope it pours down rain. Then, running games will be critical. I think CEH > Fournette.
We can handle that!

Old 02-04-2021, 07:46 PM

48 posts, read 74,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Whoa whoa, don't get your hopes up like that.

We all know the Chiefs will pull ahead early. Something will happen, like Mahomes will go out with a concussion or rib injury, & Henne will enter only to consistently stall the offense with repetitive 3 & outs, over exhausting the KC defense.

Bucs will come back to win it in the 4th quarter simply by playing mediocre ball against an exhausted overheated KC defense playing in the Tampa heat. Brady will be given the Super Bowl MVP award & for the next 6 months all will hail Tom Brady as the greatest human being to have walked this earth. The NFL will have Brady, their cash cow again as a "champion" to bring them profits again after a down year.

Now where's a link to those betting sites so I can put some money down?

EXactly!! I'm imagining Tampa Bay winning 3-0, with their elite defense holding KC scoreless,with 90 yards of total offense, but Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady goes 1-10 for 8 yards, 4 INT, but it was the GREATEST 8 yard pass in SB history, earning MVP honors!! That "amazing" 4 int, 8 yard performance will be fawned over by the sports media, his "clutch" ability praised non-stop!!

The Buccaneers get 28 first downs, 27 by penalty. Of the 27 penalties, 15 will be roughing the passer, despite Brady never being tackled or even touched.

None of this would shock me. Brady is a GREAT player, an EXCELLENT leader, is outstanding in the clutch Can't give Brady the GOAT. how can you when:
* he played in the "don't even mean-mug the QB or else it's RTP" era,
* on a team with the greatest coach, and top 10 defense in 17 of his 20 seasons
* in the weakest division in NFL, 20 years running,
*when the NFL realizes that him just being in the Super Bowl is great for bu$ine$$, so they do what they can to help him get there. Phantom roughing calls, questionable whistles. When has Brady ever lost a postseason game due to a bad call/no call?? Never.
* Matt Cassell led the Pats to an 11-5 season.
* dink and dunked his way to his first SB, carried by Vinatieri and the defense
* lost 2 x to Eli Manning
* won a SB thanks to Pete Carroll's bad playcall, and Malcom Butler
* won another SB thanks to the defense vs Rams
* won another SB thanks to John Carney's out of bounds kickoff and Vinatieri again
* won another thanks to Falcons self-destructing and few generous calls

He's had a LOT of help, and breaks. Which is fine as it;s a team game, but also as to why he's not the GOAT. I'd go with Joe Montana- never lost a SB, you were allowed to really hit him, played in a tougher division

Old 02-05-2021, 12:56 AM

9,755 posts, read 7,465,729 times
Say what you will about Brady, you may not like him, but generally he makes the Super Bowl exciting. Going back even 30 years, last year's Chiefs/Niners game was the general exception to the lone exciting non Brady Super Bowl. He's been in 9 before last year, and of the 9 only the completely dreadful Rams/Patriots game from 19 (which was less exciting then watching grass grow) was his only non-exciting Super Bowl that's he's played a part in.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:41 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Say what you will about Brady, you may not like him, but generally he makes the Super Bowl exciting. Going back even 30 years, last year's Chiefs/Niners game was the general exception to the lone exciting non Brady Super Bowl. He's been in 9 before last year, and of the 9 only the completely dreadful Rams/Patriots game from 19 (which was less exciting then watching grass grow) was his only non-exciting Super Bowl that's he's played a part in.
Who can forget SB LI, with the biggest comeback in SB history as Brady brought the Patriots back from 25 down to to win against the Falcons 34-28 in OT.

I suppose you could argue that the Falcons imploded, but I like to think that it was all Brady!

Old 02-05-2021, 09:57 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
When dialed in, Brady is crazy clutch. I hate the dude but he historically the man you want when the real money is on the line.

That being said, I’m picking KC to win a shootout. 42-38.

Old 02-05-2021, 04:08 PM

1,982 posts, read 970,723 times
The turnover battle will be big. I wouldn't be surprised if the first team that punted, loses.

Old 02-06-2021, 02:00 PM

1,465 posts, read 622,318 times
I put up $45 to get back $82.35 on the Buccaneers +3.5 and $40 to get back $192 on Scott Miller to score a touchdown.

Old 02-06-2021, 02:12 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,241,183 times
Chiefs by a TD. The defense picks off Brady in the final minute to seal the deal and give KC back-to-back Lombardi trophies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football