Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 07:56 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times

Advertisements

More sponsors and as this drags on, it might get to the point, even if cleared, who knows?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eshaun-watson/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 05:11 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Well, now I think Watson is either guilty or an idiot. Either way, he's going to pay dearly.

Old 04-08-2021, 05:21 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
More sponsors and as this drags on, it might get to the point, even if cleared, who knows?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eshaun-watson/
If he is cleared, I would expect endorsements to come back. The public tend to have short term memories. Kobe lost some endorsements after his sexual assault case. But once dropped and he paid the accuser an undisclosed sum, endorsements came back. And Vanessa got a big diamond ring.

I'll admit it doesn't look good for him with so many women coming forward. I'll let this play out in the courts before passing judgement.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:14 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Well, now I think Watson is either guilty or an idiot. Either way, he's going to pay dearly.
Agree with you 100%. You just can’t do stuff like this when you are a well known celebrity make millions of dollars. What was he thinking. His best option at this point is to settle out of court and bank on America’s short attention span.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:19 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
Agree with you 100%. You just can’t do stuff like this when you are a well known celebrity make millions of dollars. What was he thinking. His best option at this point is to settle out of court and bank on America’s short attention span.

Well. Which part?

If we're assuming he's guilty of what these women claim.. Yeah, that's a no crap you can't do that.

Using massage therapists.. Listen, I'll bet 90% or more of athletes do that.. The mistake here would be getting them from instagram or wherever the hell he did. I understand employing someone outside of the team during the COVID times.. though.. The numbers are without question excessive. and all of them being female certainly raises concerns.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well. Which part?

If we're assuming he's guilty of what these women claim.. Yeah, that's a no crap you can't do that.

Using massage therapists.. Listen, I'll bet 90% or more of athletes do that.. The mistake here would be getting them from instagram or wherever the hell he did. I understand employing someone outside of the team during the COVID times.. though.. The numbers are without question excessive. and all of them being female certainly raises concerns.
C’mon man! The only question here is how much of the sex was consensual. The reality is it’s not going to make a whole lot of difference. He is in a bi win situation. He had a big talk get on his chest when he walked in the door. There are smarter ways to get what he was looking for.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:02 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Watson's attorney now claims some of his message sessions concluded with consensual sex. To me that seems like the kiss of death for Watson. We are supposed to assume he did not push the boundaries of what is and isn't consensual with other clients?

Old 04-09-2021, 07:10 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Watson's attorney now claims some of his message sessions concluded with consensual sex. To me that seems like the kiss of death for Watson. We are supposed to assume he did not push the boundaries of what is and isn't consensual with other clients?

Yep.. I just read that myself. Which means that there's explicit text messages... And that kinda confirms the reasoning behind why there were 40 some-odd women..

He was basically trying to pick up hookers. (To be crude about it)

And.. Just a gut feeling.. I somehow see the 'sex addiction' angle coming into play here before too long.

Time to settle with some of them. Admit where mistakes were made and hope you can overcome it and turn things around.

Old 04-09-2021, 08:36 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yep.. I just read that myself. Which means that there's explicit text messages... And that kinda confirms the reasoning behind why there were 40 some-odd women..

He was basically trying to pick up hookers. (To be crude about it)

And.. Just a gut feeling.. I somehow see the 'sex addiction' angle coming into play here before too long.

Time to settle with some of them. Admit where mistakes were made and hope you can overcome it and turn things around.
Spot on.

There will be a heck of a 30 for 30 on Watson some day.

Old 04-10-2021, 12:24 AM

Of course the massage thing all worked out fine for Robert Kraft. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football