Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 09:12 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,629,527 times

Advertisements

Closer than I expected.

1-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 11:25 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Really had thought that the Jags could have pulled this out.

0-1

That was some progress that you wanted to see. Lawrence protected the ball well, no turnovers.. They opened things up with Trevor's legs having him running a bit and had a decent running game behind him..

We may look back at this game as something of a turning point.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I was getting worried with so many folks picking Dallas early on in the thread but the Cowboy hate came on late and warmed my cold, cold heart!

So as always the upset disclaimer is ongoing.

Jaguars @ Bengals - Joe Burrow > Spicoli

WFT @ Falcons - This could be closer than most realize but I read all the Wash defense press clippings before the season. We'll see!

Texans @ Bills - Ha ha ... Bills even cover the Vegas line.

Lions @ Bears - Bears looked bad against the Cleve team

Panthers @ Cowboys - Yeah I'm a homer. Let's Go Cowboys! BTHO of the pussiecats

Colts @ Dolphins - This one is tough to pick. Although the Dolfin franchise has been an exercise in futility since the 1970's the Colts have no QB

Browns @ Vikings - Browns, what a name! To many years getting low draft picks to fail.

Giants @ Saints - The NY teams battle for the worst in the NFL. Saints are Jekyll and Hyde but they're at home

Titans @ Jets - Probably the jets are worse than the Giants but not a whole lot. Don't deserve their name capitalized.

Chiefs @ Eagles - Both teams should be angry but the Eaglets are hapless with weak coaching

Cardinals @ Rams - Rams are ripe for an upset after their tussle with Tampon Bay. Won't happen.

Seahawks @ 49ers - Whiners at home and the Seachickens are a one man team.

Ravens @ Broncos - CHANGED -----See Below

Steelers @ Packers - Stealers are turrible. Always interesting to watch AR

Buccaneers @ Patriots - Bounce back by Tampon Bay. Brady > Belicheat

Raiders @ Chargers - Another toss-up. I like Herbert. When in doubt take your fav QB. Minor upset here.
Changing my Bronco's upset call. Now calling for the Ravens to win vs Broncs. Still Saturday here in East Texas.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:06 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,463,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 12-4
Overall: 30-18

Jaguars @ Bengals. Tough going so far for Urban and Trevor. Maybe going back to Ohio gets Mayer going, but this is going to be another tough game for the Jags.
WFT @ Falcons. I have no idea on this, I flipped a coin here and it came out on top with the Football team. I don't think they can play any worse than they did in Buffalo last week, and I think Heinicke can move the ball.
Texans @ Bills. This will not be close.
Lions @ Bears. I'll give the edge to the Bears at home.
Panthers @ Cowboys. Panthers are going to have trouble without run CMC in the backfield but I'll never count out McCarthy to screw it up for Dallas somehow!
Colts @ Dolphins. Hot take: I don't think the Colts are that bad of a team. You look at their schedule: home games vs. the Seahawks and Rams to start, @ Tennessee, @ Dolphins, starting off the season with 4 teams that finished the prior year with double figure wins, one of the hardest opening schedules to open that I remember in recent memory. Are they in a hole?? Absolutely, but can we at least get them the game against the Texans or Jets before we bury them for good??
Browns @ Vikings. I can't see either defense stopping the others offense, so the team with the ball last may very well end up winning on a walkoff. Hope thats the Vikes!
Giants @ Saints. First game in New Orleans since Hurricane Ida, major yikes for the Giants
Titans @ Jets. Baseball regular season still hasn't officially ended, and already the Jets & Giants are irrelevant. Gonna be a long winter in New York, but maybe the Knicks will be good again??
Chiefs @ Eagles. Is this Reid's return to Philly, or has he made it back there once before??
Cardinals @ Rams. Cardinals one of the surprise packages in the league in the early going, but Stafford has gotten a new lease on life freed from Detroit, and the Rams look like one of the better teams in the league and a Super contender in the early going.
Seahawks @ 49ers. Hot take #2: The Seahawks are NOT a good team. Defense is beyond atrocious, and my bold prediction: they finish last in the division this year. Of course the NFC West looks good enough where last could very well get you the 7 seed especially looking around at the rest of the NFC, but Wilson is going to have to completely carry this team to any heights because the defense won't do it, and I don't think he will do it either.
Ravens @ Broncos. Broncos have 3 wins against 3 teams that are a combined 0-10. Wake me up when they play someone even half decent.
Steelers @ Packers. Unless the Super Bowl is the Steelers vs. Packers this year (and I think the Steelers will be lucky to even make the playoffs) this is probably the last matchup between Big Ben and Rogers, so just enjoy this matchup.
Buccaneers @ Patriots. I can see Brady with a 33-36, 500, 4 TD type game. He's going to want to score a lot and score often.
Raiders @ Chargers. I think the GB win last weekend was the first time a road team has won on a Thursday/Sunday/or Monday night national game, but this will basically be a defacto home game for the Raiders.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:17 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
Wow! How about the Giants? First win, bravo to them! I didn't think Saints would lose 1st game back in the dome!

And those Jets! Both 0-3 teams win today! Good for them, not my picks! 6-4 early game, and come on Packers!

Last edited by susancruzs; 10-03-2021 at 02:54 PM..

Old 10-03-2021, 03:03 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow! How about the Giants? First win, bravo to them! I didn't think Saints would lose 1st game back in the dome!

And those Jets! Both 0-3 teams win today! Good for them, not my picks! 6-4 early game, and come on Packers!
Im 5-5 I am working my way down to last place.....Like MY FINZ !

Old 10-03-2021, 03:17 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,613,373 times
And I'm out of the Survivor picks, too on those Saints! Ha!

Old 10-03-2021, 05:12 PM

I'll be bloodied this week. Lotta games not going the way I thought they would.

Hey LKC. Did you see the Pizza Hut delivery boy on the Cow's sideline? 2 larges . . . one meat lovers and one Supreme both with extra extra cheese. 1 in the first half and 1 in the 2nd.

Cows were strong !

Last edited by BobTex; 10-03-2021 at 05:25 PM..

Old 10-03-2021, 05:23 PM

5,130 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Im 5-5 I am working my way down to last place.....Like MY FINZ !
This looks like it turned out to be our first tough week for picks!

Old 10-03-2021, 05:27 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Misery loves company as they say. 5 - 5 through the early games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football