Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 11:02 PM

9,787 posts, read 7,505,003 times

Advertisements

I've been saying this for a while, but with TWO divisions quite possibly being won with under .500 records its worth re-mentioning for debate: The NFL should reseed for the playoffs.

Now I'm not going to make it all bad. If your a division winner, you still make the playoffs, even if you are only the 9th best team by record in your conference because no matter how bad the division is, you should get somewhat of a reward for winning. With that said, the division winner SHOULD NOT be guaranteed a home game. Dallas, for all intents and purposes, if it played in any other NFC division it would likely win the division. Why should they play on the road in the Wildcard round when they will be 4 or 5 games better than the South winner who they will play. The South representative should just be happy to make the playoffs, open on the road, and give Dallas the rightful home game they deserve; same in the AFC with the AFC South winner, though the 5 seed in the AFC isn't as well off as Dallas is, especially with the struggles of the Jets & Dolphins this month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2022, 05:00 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,646,579 times
11-4 for me, Chargers tonight! Happy Packers aren't done, of course, two division games at Lambeau to go!

Old 12-26-2022, 07:09 AM

7,602 posts, read 6,104,237 times
Well, what a CHristmas FIrst, the Bengals plane had to make an Emergency Landing but they made it home for CHristmas safely.

Then Susan's Packers beat My FInz

My picks were awful this week, I got most games incorrectly. I have not counted but This might be my worst week yet

Well, besides the NFL which took a 3rd string in attention at our house this weekend, did everyone have a good Christmas Weekend ?

I had hoped that the Pesky Red Birds would have won out last night against the Succaneers because the Pink panthers of all teams have a shot at winning the division with a losing record. And they may still, all it takes is a win against Brady and Co next week. Of course that too depends on the referee, if Old Toothless gets that game, then give it to Brady....

Regardless, I am now dreading our Vegas trip, as my son and my friend since childhood love the Cowboys and we will be in Vegas during the NFC Championship. If the Cowboys are playing that day, then all I can say is that I am so glad WEED is legal in that town.......

Old 12-26-2022, 07:28 AM

2,045 posts, read 793,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Scorigami!

Cincinnati 22, New England 18

This is the first 22-18 game in the history of the National Football League, out of a total of 17,346 games (with two 2022 Week 16 games currently pending).

22-18 is the 1,075th unique score in NFL history.

It is the third scorigami game this season, after Seattle 48, Detroit 45 (week 3) and Dallas 54, Indianapolis 19 (week 13).

Of course, every time a new score is recorded for the first time, there are fewer potential new scores that might happen in the future.
Thank you!

I love this kind of stuff.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:34 AM

2,045 posts, read 793,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, what a CHristmas FIrst, the Bengals plane had to make an Emergency Landing but they made it home for CHristmas safely.

Then Susan's Packers beat My FInz

My picks were awful this week, I got most games incorrectly. I have not counted but This might be my worst week yet

Well, besides the NFL which took a 3rd string in attention at our house this weekend, did everyone have a good Christmas Weekend ?

I had hoped that the Pesky Red Birds would have won out last night against the Succaneers because the Pink panthers of all teams have a shot at winning the division with a losing record. And they may still, all it takes is a win against Brady and Co next week. Of course that too depends on the referee, if Old Toothless gets that game, then give it to Brady....

Regardless, I am now dreading our Vegas trip, as my son and my friend since childhood love the Cowboys and we will be in Vegas during the NFC Championship. If the Cowboys are playing that day, then all I can say is that I am so glad WEED is legal in that town.......
I'm hoping to see the Buccaneers bounce Dallas from the playoffs then see my Eagles get some revenge from last year on them.

Christmas weekend was good, everybody behaved themselves. lol

The Loser Lions killed my parlay ... (-$110 for the season).

Old 12-26-2022, 11:11 AM

7,602 posts, read 6,104,237 times
I’m hoping the Succaneers don’t even make it. Because then we won’t have to hear about it. Honestly the news ignores them when they lose and never shuts up for one minute when they win. It gets unbearable for those of us at the Bog cat’s house who don’t like them or their qb/offensive coach Brady
If the cowboys did come here to play them in the first round the tickets would be unaffordable Probably $500000000 And up…..

It would be great to see Dak and Fat Mike McCarthy lose the opening game. But seriously having the Succaneers winning would just be unbearable.

Old 12-26-2022, 01:36 PM

26,239 posts, read 49,129,254 times
Wow, Denver got a whooping last night, but glad to see the Packers looking like what we're used to seeing. Locally, our Cardinals lost to Tampa Bay by a FG in OT. If it hadn't been for a Caridnals fumble late in the 4th qtr the game may not even have ended in a tie. Oh well, the team played with real heart. Now 10-5 going into tonight's game.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-26-2022 at 04:03 PM..

Old 12-26-2022, 02:35 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,969,536 times
Bengals are going to win it all. Unfinished business.
Attached Thumbnails
NFL 2022 Week 16-20221226_132932.jpg  

Old 12-26-2022, 04:50 PM

2,003 posts, read 989,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I've been saying this for a while, but with TWO divisions quite possibly being won with under .500 records its worth re-mentioning for debate: The NFL should reseed for the playoffs.

Now I'm not going to make it all bad. If your a division winner, you still make the playoffs, even if you are only the 9th best team by record in your conference because no matter how bad the division is, you should get somewhat of a reward for winning. With that said, the division winner SHOULD NOT be guaranteed a home game. Dallas, for all intents and purposes, if it played in any other NFC division it would likely win the division. Why should they play on the road in the Wildcard round when they will be 4 or 5 games better than the South winner who they will play. The South representative should just be happy to make the playoffs, open on the road, and give Dallas the rightful home game they deserve; same in the AFC with the AFC South winner, though the 5 seed in the AFC isn't as well off as Dallas is, especially with the struggles of the Jets & Dolphins this month.
That is the reward for winning the division: a home game in the wild card round. Does not really matter what that team's record is.

Old 12-26-2022, 05:31 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,646,579 times
I think the record should matter when determining home games for playoffs. Teams with better records should get the games, not teams barely at .500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football