Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 07:44 AM

1,992 posts, read 978,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Dak and leading the league in interceptions this year... he only played 12 games.
He's thrown an INT in seven straight this year. Wow. Only two games this year where he hasn't thrown one.

But 1-3 in the playoffs isn't good. I think Mike McCarthy is coaching for his job tomorrow. If Dallas loses I believe Jones will fire him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 07:49 AM

14,487 posts, read 20,671,714 times
Amazing comeback by the Jags. However on the first 4 interceptions, one got tipped twice by a Charger defender. The other three I couldn't believe how close the receiver was to the ball when it arrived compared to the receiver. Like a magnet they were glued to the receivers and I blame all three on Lawrence. And those passes were rockets. Moving very fast to the receivers.

The bracket I see has them playing at Kansas City. Well to be blunt the team most likely to play to the level of the opponent and pathetically could not put away opponents over which they were favored by touchdown(s) etc. is Kansas City. (I know because my pool picks with KC had loser after loser over the season).

This gives Jacksonville a real chance to take the Chiefs to the limit if the weather is good. Go jags.
KC may be overrated compared to most of this group: SF, BU, PH, CN.

Last edited by howard555; 01-15-2023 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-15-2023, 07:50 AM

1,992 posts, read 978,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
People are blaming the Chargers rather than giving the Jaguars credit for playing an amazing 2nd half. I think Lawrence had too many jitters at the start & then the interceptions rattled him, but he & the team came back. What if the Jags start their next game like they finished this one?
Yeah I think it has to do with perspective. Half are gonna say LA choked, while the other half say great comeback by JAX. But LA did take its foot off the gas pedal in the second half. They should have kept going and scored. They had to have known JAX was going to give it all it had. It's the playoffs! But it was a spirited, amazing comeback for Lawrence and Pederson. I am frustrated because I turned off the game when it was 30-20 LAC, I was just too tired to watch the end.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:38 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,251,504 times
I was 4 years old when the Oilers collapsed against the Bills, and was watching with my dad.

Last night wasn't quite that but it's close. Chargers should have put that away, letting the Jaguars get close was a huge mistake. Everyone could sense the inevitable after that missed FG.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:48 AM

26,223 posts, read 49,079,778 times
I picked the Jags as my selection for week 19 based on having won their last five games in a row and what seemed like the team and Trevor Lawrence coming together as a team and hitting their stride. But the first half had me saying to myself "what was I thinking." Then the second was a complete role reversal. Wow.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-15-2023, 09:18 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,620,795 times
Pederson is a great coach. I went back and forth on who would be a tougher match up for the Chiefs, the Chargers or Jags. Chargers have recently taken the Chiefs to the limit in every game they play but come up short most often. Jags, I think have a much better defense than the Chargers and are definitely better coached. They might actually be the tougher match up for K.C.

Old 01-15-2023, 10:25 AM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Jags, I think have a much better defense than the Chargers and are definitely better coached. They might actually be the tougher match up for K.C.
Chiefs would rather play the Jaguars. Trevor is a second year QB, and still prone to making a lot of mistakes when under pressure. We saw a lot of that in the first half of last nights game against the Chargers. Nonetheless, that was a great comeback for the Jaguars. Chiefs also play the Chargers twice a year, but rarely play the Jaguars. The final score in the regular season Nov.13 Jaguars-Chiefs game was 17-27 Chiefs at Arrowhead stadium in good weather.

Old 01-15-2023, 11:48 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Ouch. Just saw that Miami's QB has 7 throws and 2 completions...one to each team.

Old 01-15-2023, 01:21 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
I just think the Chargers do what they always do. It is amazing how many games they have lost in crazy fashion and it has even spanned different QBs, coaches, GMs...

Old 01-15-2023, 01:22 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
Miami is up, 24-20...I still think they are going to lose this game to Buffalo, but I did not think they would make it this competitive...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football