Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 07:32 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Levis wasn't picked at all in the first round. The memes in social media is a little embarrassing. Richardson going to the Colts at #4 was a good landing spot for him, in theory. Colts may have found their franchise QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 08:02 AM

Giants picked up Deonte Banks at #24. Value pick but was hoping they picked a linebacker or D- lineman.

Old 04-28-2023, 08:23 AM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Levis wasn't picked at all in the first round. The memes in social media is a little embarrassing. Richardson going to the Colts at #4 was a good landing spot for him, in theory. Colts may have found their franchise QB.

Or, they've given the revolving door another push.

Guy is an incredible athlete, there's no question about that.. However.. Something McAfee said last night solidified my concerns.

Guy is apparently saying he'll be in the HoF. We're talking past the confident in himself stage and into Ryan Leaf "You don't talk to me" territory.

I can't remember a football player coming out and hyping themselves up like this where it's turned out good.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:53 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Much grumbling about their pick. Van Ness isn't a high rated player, fans surprised he was their pick. TE is a must.
I don’t get it. What is the Pack’s aversion to offensive skill players in the first round? They could have traded back and got Van Ness if they were that in love with him.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Among my Louisville friends who are mostly Colts fans opinion is split from “doomed our franchise” to “we bet on a winner last night.” I don’t know if the Colts plan to play him right away. I actually think Carolina would have been the best situation for him (in spite of my Panthers fandom that didn’t want him.) He would benefit from sitting and learning from a Andy Dalton or Josh McCown.

If I’m Indy, I’d start with Gardner and let Richardson learn behind him as long as reasonable.

Levis apparently has a prior undisclosed toe injury along with rumors he came across like an a-hole in his interviews. I can believe the latter, though it may be biased due to my negative experiences with UK fans in general.

Old 04-28-2023, 11:27 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
And finally, the Lamar Jackson saga has ended in a 5-year contract valued at $260M with the Ravens.

I hope it works out, I've been queasy about what appears, to me, and maybe only to me, that he seems injury prone and also that he relies too much on himself to make plays like some sort of wannabe hero on every play. Does anyone else get that vibe from watching him?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-28-2023, 11:38 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here are the first 31 picks.

Three QBs were picked in the first round, at picks 1, 2 and 4.
Today the NY Times did a huge recap of the NFL Draft, so far. Here's an excerpt of key results.

"First-round trades

• Panthers and Bears: In March, the Bears traded the No. 1 pick to the Panthers with the Bears receiving Carolina’s No. 9 and No. 61 picks in 2023, a first-rounder in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025 and wide receiver DJ Moore. On Thursday night, the Panthers picked Alabama quarterback Bryce Young with the No. 1 pick.

• Texans and Cardinals: The Texans traded the No. 12 and the No. 33 pick, a 2024 first-round pick and a 2024 third-round pick to the Cardinals for the No. 3 and the No. 105 pick. The Texans drafted Alabama’s Will Anderson at No. 3.

• Lions and Cardinals: The Lions traded the No. 6 pick to the Cardinals for the No. 12 and the No. 34 pick. The Cardinals drafted Paris Johnson Jr., an offensive lineman from Ohio State, at No. 6. The Lions drafted Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs at No. 12.

• Eagles and Bears: The Bears traded the No. 9 pick to the Eagles for the No. 10 pick and a fourth-round pick in 2024. The Eagles drafted Georgia defensive lineman Jalen Carter at No. 9, while the Bears drafted Tennessee tackle Darnell Wright at No. 10.

• Patriots and Steelers: The Patriots traded the No. 14 pick to the Steelers for the No. 17 and the No. 120 pick. The Steelers drafted Georgia offensive lineman Broderick Jones at No. 14, while the Patriots drafted Oregon cornerback Christian Gonzalez at No. 17.

• Giants and Jaguars: The Giants traded the No. 25 pick and the No. 160 pick to the Jaguars for the No. 24 pick. The Giants drafted Maryland cornerback Deonte Banks at No. 24.

• Bills and Jaguars: The Bills traded the No. 27 and the No. 130 pick to the Jaguars for the No. 25 pick. The Bills drafted Utah tight end Dalton Kincaid at No. 25, while the Jaguars drafted Oklahoma offensive lineman Anton Harrison at No. 27."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-28-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
And finally, the Lamar Jackson saga has ended in a 5-year contract valued at $260M with the Ravens.

I hope it works out, I've been queasy about what appears, to me, and maybe only to me, that he seems injury prone and also that he relies too much on himself to make plays like some sort of wannabe hero on every play. Does anyone else get that vibe from watching him?
Absolutely! Has he won multiple Super Bowls? I don't think so. However, I don't think a trade would have brought equal value so the Ravens had to relent. Well, he needs to get to at least the AFC championship game, if he plans on earning his money.

Old 04-28-2023, 12:25 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Absolutely! Has he won multiple Super Bowls? I don't think so. However, I don't think a trade would have brought equal value so the Ravens had to relent. Well, he needs to get to at least the AFC championship game, if he plans on earning his money.

He's only been in the league 5 years.. Looking for multiple Super Bowls in that time.. Might be asking a bit much.

But, you're not incorrect. I've.. not really been on the Lamar bandwagon. Watched him play.. And lose.. Multiple times against Watson while they were in college.

I've always thought he just needs to get over the hump to be a truly elite player.. But.. He never seems to quite make it over that hump.

Now, I think his top-out is probably Steve McNair level. And.. That ain't bad. I don't see him ever being one of the greatest to play the game.. But.. Successful? Yes.

He has the talent, he has the ability. I *THINK* he has the smarts, though.. I do wonder about that at times. Don't get me wrong, not talking like Kyler level where you have to put studying into his contract.. Just.. Poor decision making at times. Maybe a touch of that RG3 syndrome where he thinks he has to do it all and just winds up getting hurt because of it.

Old 04-28-2023, 01:21 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
I'm not a die-hard football fan but still I'm puzzled that the Eagles gave the Bears a 4th to swap 1 place given that the Bears really need O-line.

That was a freebie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football