Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2023, 06:26 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm always Cowboys weary, and now they get more prime time than the Eagles and 49ers. I know they were better last year but they have not been a perpetual playoff team in years and years.

Four Super Bowl hopefuls were given the league-maximum six prime-time games in 2023: the Chiefs, Chargers, Bills and Cowboys.

Schedules are set, now we'll see which teams carry over last season's success . . . or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2023, 12:46 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I guess I'm always Cowboys weary, and now they get more prime time than the Eagles and 49ers. I know they were better last year but they have not been a perpetual playoff team in years and years.

Four Super Bowl hopefuls were given the league-maximum six prime-time games in 2023: the Chiefs, Chargers, Bills and Cowboys.

Schedules are set, now we'll see which teams carry over last season's success . . . or not.
AND I predict, boldly, that the Eagles will repeat in the NFC Beast, the division where no one repeats....because they are better and stronger than they were last year, and neither the Giants or the COwboys will stop them. (+Not to mention the Redskins)

MY FINZ open at the new Skid Row Park in LA to play to Chargers

I found a photo as they are finishing up the renovations....

The Skid Row Chargers new stadium will have plenty of room for food truck/tailgating and allow fans to bring folding chairs in the endzone

And MY FINZ get to play the first game there. YEA !!!

Old 05-12-2023, 10:40 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Chiefs play in Germany on week 5.

Old 05-13-2023, 09:19 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Ahead of the schedule release on May 11, here are some blockbuster leaks:
  • Opening day: SB rematch! Chiefs vs Eagles
  • SNF opener: Jets vs Patriots (hello AR)
  • MNF opener: Bengals vs. Bills / 49ers vs. Cowboys
  • Thanksgiving Day tripleheader: Ravens vs. Steelers / Lions vs. Packers / Cowboys vs. Jets
  • Black Friday: Eagles vs Giants
  • Christmas Day: Chiefs vs Bills
  • AFC Championship rematch....Dec 31. Chiefs vs Bengals
Was this 100% wrong?

Old 05-13-2023, 06:04 PM

Maybe Thanksgiving, no clue as to why CBS put it out there when it was so far off base.

On 2nd thought, Thanksgiving:

Packers at Lions, 12:30 p.m. ET (Fox)
Commanders at Cowboys, 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)
49ers at Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)

Last edited by susancruzs; 05-13-2023 at 06:32 PM..

Old 05-13-2023, 10:43 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Primetime Cowboys is based on the fact they CONSISTENTLY have the higher rated League games, have the largest TV draw of ANY team in the NFL and this directly translates into network profits. Networks can charge more per advertising spot anytime Dallas plays.

There's a reason Dallas was tabbed by the NFL Films decades and decades ago as America's Team. That reason . . . they have and draw more fans. https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...NFL-Merch.aspx

Went back 10 years to 2023 to see how many years/seasons the 3 teams named above qualified for the playoffs as this was the criteria used to complain about the Cowboys 2023 primetime games.

San Fran seasons with playoff appearances the last 10 seasons - 4

Philly seasons with playoff appearances the last 10 seasons - 5

Dallas seasons with playoff appearances the last 10 seasons - 5

Dallas was 12-5 last 2 seasons. Dallas was 5 and 3 last season against playoff teams as 8 opponents were in the playoffs.

Eagles were 14-3 last year (9-8 in 2021) and played 6 games against playoff teams and were 5-1 (lost to Dallas)

Niners were 13-4in 2022 (10-7 in 2021) and played 6 playoff teams and were 5-1.

Similar records of these 3 playoff teams from 2022 so which ones deserve the most primetime games. You're the TV executive, so having all this info put forth by the above poster and all the info I've provided as an exec with the NFL / networks which teams would you give the most primetime games to?

And when you're weary of watching a team turn 'em off! The flip side though if you hate that "undeserving" team then root against them with all your heart.

Old 05-14-2023, 09:57 AM

You're right and I do turn games off! I'm probably more Jerry Jones weary than the actual team!

I'm older, watching NFL for years, I know it is all about the markets, viewership draw, and the money! No secret there.

I'll enjoy my summer, but this season should be an interesting one with many side story lines!

Old 05-15-2023, 06:47 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Was this 100% wrong?
I won't trust leaks again, unless maybe NFL.com?

Old 05-15-2023, 06:50 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Chiefs are hosting the Lions on opening day, not Eagles.
I realize now the leaks were wrong...but the Chiefs vs Eagles leak got some serious legs...I heard it mentioned on a few sports shows before the schedule was official.

But dang, that list was cool....too good to be true it appears.

Old 05-15-2023, 07:03 AM

I read CBS Sports quite a bit because I like Pete Prisco! Also a lot of hype about the schedule, and more than one place on the off base side, like Eagles/.Chiefs was a sure thing. Lions took everyone by surprise.

Listening to GMFB this a.m., Rams got the short end of the stick in prime time, they won the SB Jan. 2022. Raisers got more than they did, and what have they done lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football