Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 03:06 PM

496 posts, read 326,752 times

Advertisements

I'm in a 10 team half PPR league. I won our league last year despite Derrick Henry getting hurt. My team this year:

QBs - Joe Burrow/Tom Brady
RB1 - Aaron Jones
RB2 - Elijah Mitchell
WR1 - Cooper Kupp
WR2 - Mike Evans
TE - Kyle Pitts
K - Carlson
Def - Patriots

Bench - Elijah Moore (sleeper), Rashaad Penny (look what he did at the end of 2021), Michael Carter, Isiah Pacheco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 04:23 PM

Hard to believe I'm the only one on C-D playing fantasy football. My draft is tonight.

Old 09-06-2023, 09:04 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,057 times
I always played in the past but unfortunatly all the leagues I did for years are no more.

I might do some Fanduel weekly leagues this year though.

I believe a while back there was a C-D league that we did for a few years. Can't remember who organized it though.

Old 09-06-2023, 09:06 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I always played in the past but unfortunatly all the leagues I did for years are no more.
Me too.

I was the token loser. I picked my teams mostly by emotion! LOL (yes, I'm a woman)

I don't post on the team message boards I used to, so I've lost those connections.

Sometimes I miss it, but the losses did get demoralizing!

Old 09-06-2023, 09:15 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I play every year. This year, though, due to travel issues I missed the draft and was auto-picked. Now I have been in this same league for over 10 years, won it once, will likely finish last this year.

I signed up for a team on ESPN but again, the draft was at a time when I could not play it, so I have yet to sign up for a team where I actually drafted who I wanted.

But Yes, I love to play We tried years ago to do one here but only made it one season, there were few of us it seemed that had time to play.

Old 09-06-2023, 09:29 AM

2,040 posts, read 1,605,720 times
I coach my own league in Madden Mobile. It’s a bit different, however a lot of the same principles. We are doing great so far in this season, already up to Gold III tier.

Old 09-06-2023, 12:36 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Yahoo Fantasy League with bunch of old friends spread out over the country.

$20 to get in....winner take all.

We're high rollers.

Autodraft again this year due to work schedule conflict.

I enjoy it 'cuz I don't spend money for out of market games; never know what we're gonna be up to on any given Sunday so....

When I do hang out & watch football, there's usually a game on that has one of my players. Interest level jumps up a tad.

I have Jackson w/Baltimore this year at QB, Purdy on the bench, with Buffalo as my defense.

Old 09-06-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Me too.

I was the token loser. I picked my teams mostly by emotion! LOL (yes, I'm a woman)

I don't post on the team message boards I used to, so I've lost those connections.

Sometimes I miss it, but the losses did get demoralizing!
Haha, your post reminded me of the Cheers episode where they are filling out the football pool and Sam tries to impart some wisdom to Diane (even though she won last week and he hasn't won in years).

Sam: Bears against the Dolphins. Now, we have a home field advantage, which means that you gotta...
Diane: Bears
Sam: The Bears? Just like that?
Diane: Of course Sam, a bear against a dolphin? Come on!

https://youtu.be/gxixfP5cR0Y?si=p-lwM8uBgKcM8B59

Old 09-06-2023, 05:44 PM

Well, it looks like there is some interest. I don't know if we have enough to make a league - maybe next year.

Too bad a couple of you had to auto-draft. I don't know anyone who had a good year with an auto-drafted team.

We have a 10 team league and I was #10. Didn't think Kelce would fall to me, but he did. So, I had to take him and change my plan on waiting on a TE and QB.

My starters in a .5 PPR league:

QB - Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson
RB - Jaymyr Gibbs
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - Cooper Kupp
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Javonte Williams

I heard on the radio that Kupp may have to go on Injured Reserve and the Rams want to tank this year so they can get that QB from USC.

I haven't played Madden in over 10 years. I used to play the (bleep) out of that game. I was actually a game tester for that game and others for Electronic Arts in a previous lifetime. Met a lot of athletes like Roger Craig, John Taylor, Barry Sanders, A-Rod and even Muhammad Ali. Also met James Brown (the football studio guy) and he was really cool.

Old 09-07-2023, 06:45 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
What we did on here years ago was to create a league (I think I set it up) Ising NFL or Yahoo or one of the free programs where the league awarded prizes (although I never saw one) at certain times. No money involved.

We had a rule that your team name had to be the same as your screen name, so that we would all know who is who.
My team for examples had to be the LargeKingCats....

Now we made it a season but after that, it fell apart. It is difficult sometimes to find time to keep up with it. I have been in the same YAHOO league (free) with the same people more or less for the past 10 years, and I missed the draft this year. So I am looking at last place, even with adding and swapping a few players.

I never play for money, only for fun. And it is fun to play.
H
As for Madden football, I am so old that I had the first one ever that ran on a PC using a floppy disc.

The program allowed you to design your own plays from scratch, then use them in a simulated game. The program had enough AI to read plays, so the same play stopped working after the 4th or 5th time.

The last Madden we had in the Cat's House was for Playstation 3 years ago, not the same as it was, more now a Video game.

But still popular with the kids of all ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football