Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 PM

8,774 posts, read 10,185,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
There is a guy on the sports station here who is a Cowboy fan and he is rude about everything when it comes to them. Even paying them a compliment, he has to be ugly about another team. And he's not the only one I've encountered so, yeah, rude.
There is? I thought everyone in Charlotte hated the Cowboys

Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,862,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
There is? I thought everyone in Charlotte hated the Cowboys
Believe it or not, yes there are some Cowboy fans here. Like I said Panther fans are so fair weather, they jump on the bandwagons of whoever is winning even if it's Dallas

Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM

8,774 posts, read 10,185,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
Believe it or not, yes there are some Cowboy fans here. Like I said Panther fans are so fair weather, they jump on the bandwagons of whoever is winning even if it's Dallas
I know there are Cowboy fans in NC, it seems though that every one who isnt a Cowboy fan is a Cowboy hater. I got a Terrell Owens jersey for my birthday and I wore it school once and someone asked if they could use it as a gift for their dog to rip up( jokingly of course), so far though, nothing threatining.

It's funny you metioned the panthers fans awhile back. Everytime they lose, it's John Fox's fault he started Carr instead of Moore, or its jerry richardson's fault he signed Dan Morgan, and its their fault the fans are in a bad mood. And then when they win, its, ohh okay we forgive you until you lose again.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:36 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,274,065 times
Okay heres what I never got. Why are the Cowboys Americas team? Not everyone across America loves them, they seem to have fans across the country just like most teams. If anything should Americas team be shouldn't it be a team owned by people across the country not some multi millionaire?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 AM

7,216 posts, read 11,892,251 times
C'mon, Eagles fans get a bad wrap. Just because we throw iceballs at Santa and frozen D batteries at Cowboy and Giants fans, doesn't make us bad people.

Seriously though, I personally don't fit that profile but many do. Actually, I have been to sporting events all over the Country and there are obnoxious fans in every stadium.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:53 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,807,075 times
To all those who hate the Cowboys having the "America's Team" title, I say....
Hey don't get mad at us. We're not the ones who came up with it. Take it up with NFL Films......

Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 AM

8,581 posts, read 9,070,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
C'mon, Eagles fans get a bad wrap. Just because we throw iceballs at Santa and frozen D batteries at Cowboy and Giants fans, doesn't make us bad people.

Seriously though, I personally don't fit that profile but many do. Actually, I have been to sporting events all over the Country and there are obnoxious fans in every stadium.
I've heard there is a small jail and judge in the eagles stadium? Is it true? A friend of mine went to a Eagles, Redskin game once several years ago and the beer got the best of him. Because the Skins beat the Eagles in Veteran Stadium and my buddy had to relieve his bladder, he went into the rest room to relieve himself while singing "Hail to the Redskins" he barely made it out of the stadium alive and I'm not kidding.
I'm a Redskin fan, have been all my life and always will be like most Skin fans. No fare weather here.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:24 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,583,251 times
Skins fans are loyal, I will give them that, but they have to be the most delusional fan base in the country. Every year they expect to just be able to steam roll through the schedule and punch their ticket to the Superbowl. Every year, Dan Snyder overpays for big name free agents that inevitably end up backfiring... and the whole thing with Sean Taylor's ghost affecting the outcomes of games....I mean c'mon...."They scored 21 points, Sean must be up there calling the plays!"....ridiculous.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,022,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
Skins fans are loyal, I will give them that, but they have to be the most delusional fan base in the country. Every year they expect to just be able to steam roll through the schedule and punch their ticket to the Superbowl. Every year, Dan Snyder overpays for big name free agents that inevitably end up backfiring... and the whole thing with Sean Taylor's ghost affecting the outcomes of games....I mean c'mon...."They scored 21 points, Sean must be up there calling the plays!"....ridiculous.
As a 'Skins fan, I can not argue with you!!! Unfortunately you are correct! However, over many 5-11 seasons, I have learned to have very low expectations from Danny boy and the 'Skins, for example, I'd be thrilled with a 8-8 season this year.

Regardless, whether they go 1-15 or 15-1, I'll always be a Redskin, we really are loyal eventhough our team sucks since Danny boy bought them. I wish there was a way to fire the owner!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 PM

8,581 posts, read 9,070,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
You mean you don't believe in ghosts? Fans are just hankering for the good ole days, that's all. As far as Danny Boy goes, if things go bad this season you can bet that Skin fans are going after his scalp! It got real bad for him after Gibbs left and not hiring Gregg Williams as the head coach instead going after someone unproven, Jim Zorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football