Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 08:56 PM

796 posts, read 506,280 times

Advertisements

Is it true that if Romo gets injured, the boyz are thru??

I haven't seen the preseason games because of my area and my inability to go out and see them, but I heard Dustin Vaughan looks terrible and has regressed since last year. Also, I heard Weeden looks bad and Showers is a practice squad QB at best. I do hear that Weeden is the best out of all the QB's right now and he may win a game or give us a chance of winning just 1 or 2 games if Romo is out (ie 1st Redskins game last season) but will preform poorly for the most part (ie Cardinals game last year).

Why has management screwed up the back up QB spot again? Its kinda puzzling and a bit perturbing being that we don't have a secure replacement at RB for Murray to take some pressure from Romo and his fragile back. Maybe im overreacting but I see the Boyz going 10-6 at best...maybe 9-7 which is a downgrade. I know we lost all preseason games last year but it seems like we are getting our azzes handed to us this year already. Im worried about the 1st two games, which are important divisional games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 09:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Is it true that if Romo gets injured, the boyz are thru??

I haven't seen the preseason games because of my area and my inability to go out and see them, but I heard Dustin Vaughan looks terrible and has regressed since last year. Also, I heard Weeden looks bad and Showers is a practice squad QB at best. I do hear that Weeden is the best out of all the QB's right now and he may win a game or give us a chance of winning just 1 or 2 games if Romo is out (ie 1st Redskins game last season) but will preform poorly for the most part (ie Cardinals game last year).

Why has management screwed up the back up QB spot again? Its kinda puzzling and a bit perturbing being that we don't have a secure replacement at RB for Murray to take some pressure from Romo and his fragile back. Maybe im overreacting but I see the Boyz going 10-6 at best...maybe 9-7 which is a downgrade. I know we lost all preseason games last year but it seems like we are getting our azzes handed to us this year already. Im worried about the 1st two games, which are important divisional games.
weedon and vaughn are not doing too badly, they have improved over last year. but i dont look at preseason games and make exclamations about how good or bad certain players are, especially ones that have made the team. showers has shown promise though.

as for running backs, remember that randle replaced murray a few times last season, and stepped upand did almost as well as murray the few time he carried the ball. randle is a good running back, he doesnt have to be great, or replace murray, he just has to be good enough to take the pressure off the passing game. dunbar and mcfadden are both also good running backs, as long as mcfadden can stay healthy he will do well this season as well.

the biggest question mark for the cowboys is their secondary, which they have shored up in the off season.

dallas has also beefed up their defensive line and their linebacker corps as well, especially since shaun lee has come back. i think dallas can at least match their regular season record from last year, and if they stay healthy, they can perhaps go deeper into the playoffs

Old 09-03-2015, 08:27 PM

45,650 posts, read 27,282,625 times
OK... I think I just saw the jumbo screen eat the ball in the Texans game. The ball did not come back down. Really.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK... I think I just saw the jumbo screen eat the ball in the Texans game. The ball did not come back down. Really.
you knew it had to happen, that thing gets hungry up there.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:26 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you knew it had to happen, that thing gets hungry up there.
I wonder if JJ Watt had anything to do with that?

Old 09-10-2015, 05:28 PM

45,650 posts, read 27,282,625 times
So Dez has a tell his life story interview in Rolling Stone...

Among the revelations in the article: Bryant’s mother sold crack; he was largely raised by his brother, who was also his uncle; he often slept on the floor of a tiny duplex where more than a dozen people sometimes lived, and he relied on neighbors to feed him.

“Crackheads in my house, potato chips and peanut butter for dinner — my life was s–t all the way to college,†Bryant said in the article.

The best thing he can do is not squander his riches and end up back to where he came from.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:33 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times
Well here it is, gameday. No more talk...

Old 09-13-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Well here it is, gameday. No more talk...
yep. i fear however that the curse of playing the giants on opening day will descend upon the cowboys, and his name will be odell beckham.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:13 PM

well, the cowboys are shooting themselves in the foot tonight. three turnovers for giant scores. this seems to be a typical of a cowboys/giants opening game.

Old 09-13-2015, 09:58 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,932,936 times
Default Week 1

This week's result: Cowboys BEAT the Giants 27-26

2015 Regular Season Record: (1-0)

Next Game: @ Eagles

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Giants suck. Thanks for the extra time on the clock, Eli!

...seriously, though, that wasn't a game to be proud of. I think Dez may be hurt and the turnovers were ridiculous. Still, take the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football