Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 06:49 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,644,765 times

Advertisements

Someone called in to a radio show saying is this a trap game, are you kidding me with the season the Packers have had?

Losing to division rivals at Lambeau, they aren't going to be relaxing, they know the stakes are high. If they watched the Cowboys last night, saw their defense, it will be a big game (adding in last year, too)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 07:10 PM

1,069 posts, read 714,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i caught a lot of grief about my comment, i am just giving some back. but again i noted that dallas still has an uphill battle.

remember that the redskins had two time outs in their pocket, and taking a knee would have run only a couple of seconds off the clock, for each time out, and that would have, after the field goal, have left washington a substantial amount of time left to do something. on the other hand i think washington choose to let mccfadden score to preserve time. either way washington left too much time on the clock as well.

as for cassel, he is far better than weeden, and between him and whitehead, gave bailey the chance to kick the game winner, or go into overtime.
actually there was about 1:30 in the game and Dallas had the ball on about the 15 yardline....3 straight runs into the line and with Wash using both their timeouts would have left wash with about 4 seconds and no timeouts....why the hell McFadden ran out of bounds on that first down play, i have no clue....i am not a big fan of trying to run down the clock at the expense of scoring....if you cant play defense and stop the other team, u dont deserve to win

Old 12-08-2015, 07:13 PM

1,069 posts, read 714,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
NO.. he's not coming back this year.. if the Cowboys somehow back into the playoffs, it could only happen with Cassell playing well... so why would they pull a guy playing well to put in an oft injured QB... I don't see that happening..
basically because Romo on his worst day is better than Cassel on his best day

Old 12-09-2015, 06:58 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
basically because Romo on his worst day is better than Cassel on his best day
Normally I would agree with this but Romo can be pretty bad.. remember the first half of Thanksgiving (3 INTS)... The Cowboys might have had a better chance with Cassel in that game.. I think Romo needs reps and rest before every game which he didn't get between the Dolphins and Panthers games which was a recipe for disaster.. I think we get the same result were he to rush back for a playoff game..

Old 12-09-2015, 08:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,891,844 times
while i do agree that romo is a better QB than cassel is, cassel is a good back up, but he isnt a starter, romo does need to recover from his injury before getting back into the game. even if that means that he stays out of the playoffs, assuming the cowboys make them.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:49 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,401,068 times
For backups Cassel is better than Brandon Weeden who is now with Houston.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,891,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
For backups Cassel is better than Brandon Weeden who is now with Houston.
i fully agree with this.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:51 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,183,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
actually there was about 1:30 in the game and Dallas had the ball on about the 15 yardline....3 straight runs into the line and with Wash using both their timeouts would have left wash with about 4 seconds and no timeouts....why the hell McFadden ran out of bounds on that first down play, i have no clue....i am not a big fan of trying to run down the clock at the expense of scoring....if you cant play defense and stop the other team, u dont deserve to win
That's ridiculous, you do what gives you the best odds to win! The best odds are to run the clock down and kick the field goal. Nobody stops anybody anymore in the two minute offense...

Old 12-09-2015, 09:44 PM

373 posts, read 368,744 times
Honestly I would hate to see this team in the playoffs. It would really be one and done. I feel that way for any team that wins the NFC East this year.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:49 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,742,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgem View Post
Honestly I would hate to see this team in the playoffs. It would really be one and done. I feel that way for any team that wins the NFC East this year.
I remind you and everyone who assumes that just because a team 'squeaks' into the playoffs w/a lousy record, look at the Carolina Panthers in 2014.

They made the playoffs (and won the NFC South) w/a 7-8-1 record.

The division was made fun of the whole season (just like the NFC East is this year).

They were not one and done.

This is the NFL. Everyone should know to expect the 'unexpected'.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football