Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
A few weeks ago I was sure that Lurie would let Reid finish the season, even though they are one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL, but since the defense has quit since Castillo got fired, if they get beaten on Monday by the 2-8 Panthers like they did yesterday Reid might get fired next Tuesday.

It's not like this part of the schedule is hard I mean the Cowboys then Skins and then the Panthers, I'm sure Lurie thought they would win at least all 3 if not 2 games. It's not just losing either its how they have lost all year.
This team should be 1-9, and its a miracle they are not, the Eagles and the Chiefs right now are the two worst teams in the NFL.
I also think the way Foles played against one of worst defenses in the NFL just goes to show either him and Vick both stink or this whole team just stinks.

Next Monday is really gonna be uncomfortable with Gruden in the box and the fans screaming "fire Andy".
If what happened Sunday happens next Monday for the Eagles, then I don't think Reid coaches another game in Philly after that. It is one thing to get it handed to you on a regional brodcast on early afternoon Sunday but quite another to get it handed to you on MNF with the whole country watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If what happened Sunday happens next Monday for the Eagles, then I don't think Reid coaches another game in Philly after that. It is one thing to get it handed to you on a regional brodcast on early afternoon Sunday but quite another to get it handed to you on MNF with the whole country watching.
There is also a Thursday game looming against the Bengals in the future.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
A few weeks ago I was sure that Lurie would let Reid finish the season, even though they are one of the worst offensive teams in the NFL, but since the defense has quit since Castillo got fired, if they get beaten on Monday by the 2-8 Panthers like they did yesterday Reid might get fired next Tuesday.

It's not like this part of the schedule is hard I mean the Cowboys then Skins and then the Panthers, I'm sure Lurie thought they would win at least all 3 if not 2 games. It's not just losing either its how they have lost all year.
This team should be 1-9, and its a miracle they are not, the Eagles and the Chiefs right now are the two worst teams in the NFL.
I also think the way Foles played against one of worst defenses in the NFL just goes to show either him and Vick both stink or this whole team just stinks.

Next Monday is really gonna be uncomfortable with Gruden in the box and the fans screaming "fire Andy".
How is any part of a schedule considered easy when a team is 3-7 and lost 6 games in a row? At this point any team can beat you regardless of what their record is this season. I just don't see who they can beat on the schedule from what they have remaining because all the teams have better QB's

RG3
Romo
Dalton
Cam Newton
Eli manning
Josh Freeman

The only possible wins I can see is against the skins and panthers since they are not in playoff contention.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,261 times
I really would not be surprised or mad if they lose the Monday Night game at this point. Sort of a numbness when watching Eagles games. TBH the aftermath of that game will be a lot more interesting if the eagles lose, see what Lurie does.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
I wonder how loud Lurie is going to turn up the sound system when the entire stadium is chanting "fire Andy"? Or how many signs he is going to have taken away and people kicked out of the stadium?

Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
I really would not be surprised or mad if they lose the Monday Night game at this point. Sort of a numbness when watching Eagles games. TBH the aftermath of that game will be a lot more interesting if the eagles lose, see what Lurie does.
If someone had told me the night they beat the Giants that they would bet me my rent for October and November that the Eagles won't win another game until late Nov or Dec, I would be living in LOVE PARK right now LOL.

I mean who would expected the Eagles to fall to 3-7 after starting 3-1? The last collapse similar to this was in 1994 but I was not living in philly at the time so I don't know how the fans were acting.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM

266 posts, read 410,270 times
At this point idk who I want to coach the Eagles next year. I think Gruden, Cowher and Billick have all been overhyped a bit. Sure they all have a Super Bowl ring but no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. Not saying it can't happen I'd just rather see somebody with new ideas. Anyway with that said, since chanting "Fire Andy" is pretty much irrelevant at this point because it's pretty much a forglone conclusion that he's gonna go what if, with Gruden in the box, all the fans start chanting "We want Gruden!!". That would be an interesting situation and I could seriously see it happening.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
At this point idk who I want to coach the Eagles next year. I think Gruden, Cowher and Billick have all been overhyped a bit. Sure they all have a Super Bowl ring but no coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams. Not saying it can't happen I'd just rather see somebody with new ideas. Anyway with that said, since chanting "Fire Andy" is pretty much irrelevant at this point because it's pretty much a forglone conclusion that he's gonna go what if, with Gruden in the box, all the fans start chanting "We want Gruden!!". That would be an interesting situation and I could seriously see it happening.

Gruden is definitely overhyped. When he team won the SB the next year his team missed the playoffs while the team they beat in the NFC Championship was right back there the next year.

So I don't get the Gruden hype

Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Mike Kafka trying out with Steelers - from ESPN.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Mike Kafka trying out with Steelers - from ESPN.

Please tell me you are joking, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football