Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 08:51 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,626,848 times

Advertisements

My heart won’t be able to handle a 24 - 23 game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 02:04 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,824,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I know right. Hopefully the Thanksgiving Day Bills team shows up.

Old 12-31-2019, 01:26 PM

93,649 posts, read 124,375,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Same, but if that is what it will take, I'm all for it.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:41 AM

2,056 posts, read 1,613,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Don’t worry, Chiefs will take care of the Pats.
Make that the Titans. Pats one and done.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star691 View Post
Make that the Titans. Pats one and done.
Too bad the Bills collapsed yesterday. I liked out chances against the Chiefs over the Ravens in the second round and the cards fell right for that except for the Bills taking care of business on their end.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:20 PM

6,458 posts, read 4,946,598 times
Instead of putting them away, we got timid and lost just like in the Super Bowls. Up 16-0 play it conservative and let them into the game. Thats why the Pats won 6 and we have won none.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:24 PM

There are a million and one reasons why we lost that game. I haven’t felt like getting into any of them yet. Most of them are obvious. Only players not at fault for the loss were Singletary and Haushka.

I will say my faith in Allen as a franchise QB is unwaivered. Yes, he had a disastrous two play sequence that nearly cost us a chance to send the game to overtime but throw out those two plays and he had a good game I thought. Plus Allen ultimately lead us to overtime and then in overtime would have lead us to the game winning FG if it were not for two plays that were completely out of his control.

First being the missed block by both Morse and Knox on the first down QB sweep play. We just needed one of the two to make a block on one Texans player. Each must have thought the other would make the block because neither got a hand on the guy. Instead of a gain of 8 or 10 yards on first down it is a gain on one.

Second was the bogus illegal block penalty on Ford two plays later. Instead of maybe at worst attempting a 50 yard FG to win it we are punting.

So many plays were left on the field and every player except the two I mentioned had a hand in those missed opportunities.

Old 01-08-2020, 06:06 AM

6,458 posts, read 4,946,598 times
In the end all, that matters is the final score. Making excuses for another loss is depressing.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:40 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,022,940 times
This team appears to be pointed in the right direction though. That defense was pretty impressive and Allen showed a lot this year. It's always disappointing to see a playoff loss, but I think there is a lot to be excited about for Bills fans.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This team appears to be pointed in the right direction though. That defense was pretty impressive and Allen showed a lot this year. It's always disappointing to see a playoff loss, but I think there is a lot to be excited about for Bills fans.
I agree. And playoff appearances in two out of McDermott and Beane's first three seasons as Coach and GM shouldn't be overlooked. Not for a franchise that missed the postseason 17 consecutive years. We are at least 3-4 seasons away from getting rid of a coach because of lack of playoff success.

In all likelihood the offense will improve next season in both PPG (23rd, 19.6) and YPG (24th, 330ypg). Those shouldn't be totals that will be difficult to better in the 2020 season. They improved on both numbers from Daboll and Allen's year one together to year two.

The defense on the other hand could be primed for a dropback after finishing 2nd in PPG and 3rd in YPG. They were also 2nd in YPG in 2018. So any drop in defense we see we would like to see an equal rise in offensive production. The interesting thing when looking at our defense though is first, all the significant players should be back again.

Second, the Bills defense did not put up unsustainable numbers in the categories that are often unsustainable year to year. That would be TD's and turnovers. Bills were tied for 9th in the league along with 7 other teams in Takeaways. That basically means they were average in takeaways. So any dip in YPG or PPG could still easily come with a rise in takeaways per game which could benefit the offense. And the Bills tied for deadlast for defensive TD's per game at 0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football