Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2022, 07:09 PM

13,274 posts, read 4,109,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I was at the game, and I have to agree with you, as an LA Ram fan I was hoping the 49ers would punt. Then when they brought their offense back on the field I was hoping it was just to try to draw the Rams offsides, and YES, that is all they were trying to do.

I totally agree with you, had the 49ers made that first down, the game may have been over. If they didn't, the Niners still had the lead.
That to me was the turning point in the game. You are up 17-7 in the 4th quarter and you are at mid-field with 4th and 2. That's house money. You go for it to seal the game. The 49ers punted and the Rams scored anyway.

Sad part is after that punt, the 49ers couldn't move the ball at all. Not even close to mid-field. I'm sure if they had to do it all over again they would go for it on 4th 2 and call a short passing pass since the last 2 previous plays they couldn't get a push.

Would you rather go for it on 4th and 2 on midfield with a 17-7 lead in the 4th quarter to seal the game (house money) or be pinned back on 3rd and long behind 3 points when the Rams defense had the momentum and time running out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 08:34 PM

10,651 posts, read 5,492,512 times
I feel like the game changed after Dre Greenlaw was injured. The Niners defense was very effective in the first half of play. The Niners DBs are only adequate, and need a solid pass rush and run defense to win games. We can't just shut things down in the back end. After Greenlaw went down in the first half, the front 6 were unable to put as much pressure on Stafford in the 2nd half of play.

Old 02-03-2022, 10:33 PM

13,274 posts, read 4,109,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I feel like the game changed after Dre Greenlaw was injured. The Niners defense was very effective in the first half of play. The Niners DBs are only adequate, and need a solid pass rush and run defense to win games. We can't just shut things down in the back end. After Greenlaw went down in the first half, the front 6 were unable to put as much pressure on Stafford in the 2nd half of play.

Their secondary is the weak link of that defense. That's were they have to re-load this off season. They only let the Rams and their weapons score 20 points at home. I say that's pretty good. I would of like to trade 1 of their TD to a FG but it didn't work but I will take them scoring 20 pts.. This is not the 2000 Ravens defense. With the pro offense rules in the NFL today We will never see those defenses again.

If you would have told me to beat the Rams on the road that the 49ers only need to score 1 TD in the 4th quarter with 3 possessions (3 tries), I will take it. It would be nice if they could have seal it in 3 quarters but this is a division rivalry and it's hard to beat 3 times in 1 year a playoff team that knows you very well.

Old 06-02-2022, 08:54 AM

683 posts, read 847,010 times
I'm just happy that bum Tartt is gone. Hufanga is definitely an upgrade. Only if they could get rid of bum Jimmie Ward and the secondary would be so great.

Old 09-20-2022, 05:11 PM

8,444 posts, read 3,701,392 times
It looks as though Jimmy G may have gotten the last laugh re: SF/Shanahan giving up on him too soon, now that Lance’s season is over (before it really started). His (previously) restructured deal could increase his earnings from a base of $6.5M to $16M with bonuses.

Old 09-22-2022, 11:36 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,842,975 times
Damn shame about T Lance, gotta feel for the guy and the team.

SF was fortunate Jimmy re-worked his deal, he was willing to sacrifice big money for security. That worked well for him.

Go Jimmy Go!

Old 09-22-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Damn shame about T Lance, gotta feel for the guy and the team.
Shanahan just announced Lance is definitely out for the year - even the postseason, should the Niners make it there. That said, considering last season, I don’t think there is anything for us (the team or the fans) to feel bad about as it initially felt as though it was going to be an (arguably necessary) long season this time around. Naturally, it’s a shame it’s a result of Lance’s surgery/injury (ironically). Now it’s a matter of keeping everyone else healthy; who knows what can happen, particularly relative to a bit weaker NFC West this season.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:37 AM

10,284 posts, read 8,440,839 times
It’s funny. Last time we had an athletic qb it was kaperneck pushing out Alex Smith, a good but not great qb who handled his demotion with class.
Now we had atheletic lance doing the same thing to garapolo who to me is a good but more of a game manager who handled is demotion with class.
I see a trend here.
That said jimmy g is likeable but frustrating. That said no one can argue with his record.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
That said jimmy g is likeable but frustrating.
Even if one doesn’t like him, I don’t know how any serious Niners fan could be anything but relieved (he’s still here), particularly relative to the irony of it all.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:37 PM

10,284 posts, read 8,440,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Even if one doesn’t like him, I don’t know how any serious Niners fan could be anything but relieved (he’s still here), particularly relative to the irony of it all.
Yep, niner management looking like geniuses right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football