Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2008, 06:59 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times

Advertisements

OK Donkeyball fans unite!! Double H decided to start a new Bronco thread as last years thread coughed, sputtered, and died about week 10 (along with the season). Anyway hope springs eternal which is more than I can say about the pass rush. Tomorrow night we play the Oakland Raiders. Vegas opened up with Denver a one point pick and it is sitting at three right now. Shanahan is 21-5 against his buddy Al Davis. Go Broncos!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
May the Rat keep that grudge against this opponent of his.

Whoever wins tomorrow night leads the AFC West by a whopping game! Hey, you gotta start somewhere.

What's weird is that they are the second of a double-header for Monday Night. We've got another Regional rivalry game before that in the Minnesota Vikings v Greenbay Packers.

We're gonna have a really good idea of which direction the Broncos are going in a few weeks. They are being tested hard in these first 3 games. They go San Diego, New Orleans who just beat the Bucs, at Kansas City, Tampa, Jacksonville, At New England, BYE.

Whew! They better take this one game at a time, obviously. I had no problem with their offense last season. Their pathetic defense and inability to stop the run and generosity on 3rd down was the norm. Their offense just couldn't care the whole team on their back nor should they. Can't tell much from the preseason, but they've got that typical speed and small in shape linemen on both sides of the ball. We'll see how that works. We'll see how this new D-coordinator works out.

The Broncos East-er-Atlanta Falcons won today! The Broncos South-er-Houston Texans went Houston Texans against a tough looking Pittsburgh Steelers team. Brett Favre went Brett Favre! That guy can pull one out of his ughghghss can't he?

Ahh, poor San Diego. What a bummer. What a way to lose.

Oh, hat's off to Buffalo. I'm glad for that team and their awesome fans. Good win against the Seahawks.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:50 AM

A couple quick notes on Bronco slang. Mike Shanahan, aka The Rat. That nickname was hung on him by Jim Rome. the syndicated talk show host on ESPN, and has his own radio show as well. It was due to the handling of the early part of the '99 season when all of a sudden he demoted qb Bubby Brister and put in Brian Griese as starter. Caught hell from the players, really caught hell from the media. NOW, the Denver Broncos, aka Denver Donkeys. As most long time Bronco fans know, they were the doormat of the American Football League for the entire duration of its existance, and did not have their first winning season until 1973, under coach John Ralston. Early part of the '75 season they were REALLY struggling. If memory serves, they got whacked at Buffalo by a very one sided score. The Bills were coached by Lou Saban, a former Bronco head coach. Bob Collins of the Rocky Mountain News remarked that the Broncos are playing like donkeys again. And the nickname stuck!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 PM

Halftime- Broncos 17 Raiders 0, Opening game of the season and the Raiders look like their confused. Unreal.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 PM

Well McG, I didn't see this coming. Talk about preparation! Are we that good or are they that bad. 42-14. Goodnight Irene! Guess that #2 draft choice, what's his name, uh, Eddy Royal, guess he is gonna work out ok?? YIKES!!!! Cutler looked awful good tonight.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 PM

855 posts, read 2,395,816 times
Congrats to the Broncos but the Raiders looked absolutely abysmal. I wonder if Kiffen lasts until mid-season. The way Al has been going through head coaches he might have to place a classified ad in the Oakland Tribune.

Good luck the rest of the year, Denver fans!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Well McG, I didn't see this coming. Talk about preparation! Are we that good or are they that bad...
I'd say they're that bad. If you listen to the announcers, the Broncos had the refs paid off. The Raiders look like a good bunch of athletes here and there and absolutely no team work. No discipline.

Nice personal foul, stupid Raider idiot. Hall. You suck. I had to miss the game due to a prior commitment. Thank goodness for DVR. I'm gonna go ahead and watch every play and enjoy this one.

The Broncos have to forget this game and consider it the 5th preseason game. Another personal foul. I was gonna blame the coaching, but what a bunch of stupid unprofessional idiots. What bottom feeders. This is so great! I can't wait to see the stupid smelly posers in the stands later in the game. 17-0.

The Broncos can't get overconfident on this one. The CU Buffs would beat these punks.

What is with these stupid Coors commercials? Ahhhhhhhh! The Chokeland Faiders!!!!!!!! This is depressing. I miss the days of 16-13.

You guys got schooled.

Eddie Royal has got me saying Marshall who?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:52 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,452,494 times
Great game, nice debut by Royal, gana be real interesting to see the offence fire again when Marshall comes back.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:36 AM

Jay had his best game as a Bronco. Threw that ball on a line! The Broncos have beaten the Raiders in their house lots of times, but never run them out of the building at the end of the 3rd quarter, Kiffen and Al Davis reportedly have not been speaking to each other with Davis wanting to dump the D-coordinator. Your probably right McG, the special teams looked bad early and the defense had some lapses. Didn't listen to ESPN, had the Bronco announcers on. Dave Logan sounded baffled on the air as the game ended. Wondered aloud if the Broncos were playing a division 3 college school. I am wondering that myself this morning.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 AM

61 posts, read 268,113 times
As a life-long Colorado resident and devoted Broncos fan now living in northern Nevada, it was great to just be able to watch the game last night. I typically can't stand the Monday Night broadcast crew (I think Kornheiser is a babbling idiot), so it was nice to have a different broadcast team last night. Mike, Mike, and Mike did a decent job. I miss listening to Dave Logan call the games, and didn't think about turning on the radio last night (the radio picks up KOA after dark).

It was great to see a solid performance by the Broncos last night. Cutler was on his game and it looks like Royal is going to fit in nicely. It was nice to see the running game routinely move forward, even piling up at the line and still moving ahead 5 yards.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football