Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 9,123 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon, I am new here and this looks like a great forum, would anyone have or know where I can find Eagles photos from the 1969-1973 era?? They wore the white helmets with green wings during those years and I also collect other items from that era as well such as programs and pennants etc. Thanks for your time eveyone and Have a Great NIght.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 04:17 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,791,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG00 View Post
Good Afternoon, I am new here and this looks like a great forum, would anyone have or know where I can find Eagles photos from the 1969-1973 era?? They wore the white helmets with green wings during those years and I also collect other items from that era as well such as programs and pennants etc. Thanks for your time eveyone and Have a Great NIght.
I liked the uniforms from that era too, but I liked the ones they wore before that even more. They had the green helmets with the silver wings and the cool double striping down the shoulders. E-Bay would be the best bet to find what you are looking for. Good Luck in your search.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I liked the uniforms from that era too, but I liked the ones they wore before that even more. They had the green helmets with the silver wings and the cool double striping down the shoulders.
E-Bay would be the best bet to find what you are looking for. Good luck in your search. The unusual part is they changed the helmets first, in 1969, and wore them with the old uniforms, then changed the uniforms in 1970.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 AM

Big Daryle, I liked the white helmets with the green jerseys with the double stripes, they only wore them for a couple of home games and then changed to the green jerseys with no stripes, also do you remember that they had the green helmets with the white wings for away games in 1969? They did away with that away helmet in 1970. I agree with you, the green helmet with the silver wings was cool too. Have a Great Day.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG00 View Post
Big Daryle, I liked the white helmets with the green jerseys with the double stripes, they only wore them for a couple of home games and then changed to the green jerseys with no stripes, also do you remember that they had the green helmets with the white wings for away games in 1969? They did away with that away helmet in 1970. I agree with you, the green helmet with the silver wings was cool too. Have a Great Day.
I don't remember the green helmets with the white wings, I wish I did, they sound cool. Do you think the Eagles will beat the Giants this weekend?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM

Sorry I missed you post Big Daryle, I will see if I have a picture of that helmet for you, it is really neat looking, Have a Great Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football