Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,563,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I thought just about every Charger shown on the sidelines in the 2nd half looked rattled, you could see it in their eyes. Perhaps they took the Jets a bit too lightly?
Can't help but think this was the case. Reportedly some of the SD players were taunting the Jets during warm-ups, basically saying the Jets didn't belong there. I think they already had their bags packed for Indy.

The Colts will not make the same mistake. Not guaranteeing that Indy will win, just saying that they won't make the same mistakes as SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,754,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post

The Colts will not make the same mistake. Not guaranteeing that Indy will win, just saying that they won't make the same mistakes as SD.
Oh really? As great as Peyton Manning is, his record in the playoffs is a mediocre 8-8 and only 1 superbowl in 12 years.

Not exactly a lock..... but hey, what do I know...I'm just a guy behind a keyboard and the supposed experts are on tv and radio, right?

Kind of reminds me of the Atlanta Braves of the NFL....

The EASY pick is the Colts (just like the bolts last week)...

Old 01-19-2010, 06:03 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,621,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Oh really? As great as Peyton Manning is, his record in the playoffs is a mediocre 8-8 and only 1 superbowl in 12 years.

Not exactly a lock..... but hey, what do I know...I'm just a guy behind a keyboard and the supposed experts are on tv and radio, right?

The EASY pick is the Colts (just like the bolts last week)...

Dont say that too loud the masses will try and burn you at the stake! LOL

With Peyton its all about him when they win, but when they lose its because his defense or the special teams, or he has no running game or a bad o-line. I guess its good to be the QB. Get all the praise when you win and none of the blame when you lose

Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,767,835 times
Congrats to the Jets! Hope you all saw the Sports Reporters on ESPN Sunday morning. Brian Burwell talked about what a breath of fresh air Ryan is. Instead of the usual politically correct schtick that coaches drone out he says what he thinks. I love it. He is obnoxious at times but at least he is honest. He is an entertainer who runs around the stadium high fiving fans. The league needs more like this guy. Besides, he is a defensive genius.
P.S. Go Colts!

Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 AM

8,991 posts, read 17,348,881 times
Quote:

The EASY pick is the Colts (just like the bolts last week).
All he is saying is that the Colts will not take the Jets lightly (like the Chargers seemed to). In fact, he even said in the post that he is NOT guaranteeing a Colts victory.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
All he is saying is that the Colts will not take the Jets lightly (like the Chargers seemed to). In fact, he even said in the post that he is NOT guaranteeing a Colts victory.
I don't believe the Chargers took the Jets lightly. I really don't. I think Norv is a lousy coach come playoff time and he didn't make adjustments in the 2nd half. The Jets did.

I also think the Colts would prepare mentally for the Bolts the same they are preparing for the Jets.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I don't believe the Chargers took the Jets lightly.
Were you watching the same game I was?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Were you watching the same game I was?
ok, give me SPECIFICS on how they took them "lightly"......

I want to hear this...

Did Keating PURPOSEFULLY miss those field goals?

Did Rivers throw that pick on purpose to Leonard, or maybe was it because he had pressure coming and was in his end zone?

I could go on.....

Old 01-19-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
ok, give me SPECIFICS on how they took them "lightly"......

I want to hear this...

Did Keating PURPOSEFULLY miss those field goals?

Did Rivers throw that pick on purpose to Leonard, or maybe was it because he had pressure coming and was in his end zone?

I could go on.....
Kicking challenge flags, the snap over Rivers' head, the alleged trash talk directed at the Jets before the game, the three missed field goals, the stupid penalties

These are all signs of a team not focused, not taking their opponent seriously

Let's also not forget Norv Turner's moronic decision to onside kick the ball in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 01-19-2010 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Kicking challenge flags, the snap over Rivers' head, the alleged trash talk directed at the Jets before the game, the three missed field goals, the stupid penalties

These are all signs of a team not focused, not taking their opponent seriously
Good teams will make the other team make mistakes and take advantage of them like the Jets did.....saying they took them lightly is a copout.

Not many people like the Jets because their not "flashy" or score alot of points like all the other teams left...that's ok. Just let them play smashmouth football and control the clock and confuse the other teams offense WITH THERE #1 DEFENSE and they'll be fine....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football