Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
You said idiots and morons and then said you like Longhorns.... Vince Young is one of the biggest morons in the NFL... I digress....
I don't wear Young's jersey! I wore Sweed's...but now he is a Steeler!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
and a BUST too.....LOL

Old 07-28-2009, 07:38 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
and a BUST too.....LOL
LMAO--you are right! I expected more from him. Oh well, he was a rookie for the Steelers--let's give him some more time with the pros! I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
Quote:
Yeah its all because of that damn rap music.....

I'm sure heavy metal, or punk, or even country are all so so positive.
Gee, you must really be speed addicted. Read my post again and you will see that I listed both types of music.
Duh!

Old 07-29-2009, 04:01 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
So wait let me see if I get this. Mike Vick gets 2 years and loses everything for killing dogs which in and of itself is wrong, but Dante Stallworth was DUI and kills a human being who was providing for his family and gets 30 days??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? WTH is wrong with our society.
Clearly I am a dog lover (my name is Pug Life and my profile picture is my dog), but I have to agree with this. Vick should have gotten in trouble, but not 2 years of Jail time, and certainly not this kind of trouble getting back into the league.

With all the athletes who have been given second chances, why is it that Pete Rose and Michael Vick seem to be the most reviled by their sports leadership? What is it about those two that makes the suits so uncomfortable?

Vick should have been given the 30 days and a 4 game suspension, and Stallworth should have had at least 2 years in prison and the trouble getting back.

But then again, Ray Lewis stabbed someone in a parking lot and was given a slap on the wrist and a Super Bowl ring...

Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Vick should have been given the 30 days and a 4 game suspension, and Stallworth should have had at least 2 years in prison and the trouble getting back.
You really think a guy that was involved in an accident and did everything he could to make things right, deserves to be punished as severely as a guy who repeatedly and intentionally violated a multitude of laws over several years?

Quote:
But then again, Ray Lewis stabbed someone in a parking lot and was given a slap on the wrist and a Super Bowl ring...
I really hate to defend Ray Lewis, but there really was no evidence that he was the one who murdered anyone, which is why they made him the plea deal.

Old 08-04-2009, 02:27 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Ray Lewis stabbed someone in a parking lot and was given a slap on the wrist and a Super Bowl ring...
I didn't know they gave Ray Lewis a Superbowl ring for killing someone. And all this time, I thought he got one because the Ravens killed the Giants in Superbowl XXXV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football