Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Non Partisan Broadcasters
Yes 4 28.57%
No 6 42.86%
It doesn't matter 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:39 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I wish you would have home announcers in your home market like baseball. It is obvious why the NFL does not do that, but I personally would prefer it that way. I find local NFL radio broadcasts highly enjoyable.

Home announcers in your home market, maybe. Announcers on a national broadcast who show favoritism, no. These guys are supposed to be impartial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 07:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I wish you would have home announcers in your home market like baseball. It is obvious why the NFL does not do that, but I personally would prefer it that way. I find local NFL radio broadcasts highly enjoyable.
That would be nice. I appreciate guys that know our team, and can be brutally honest when need be about what's going on with the home team.

Besides, if you ever heard Homer Call of the Week on BaD Radio, you would have a new appreciation for their potential.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:59 AM

319 posts, read 634,391 times
I can't believe all the hate for Collinsworth. IMO, he's the best NFL tv guy right now.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
I agree. I wish there was a way to sync your home Radio Broadcast to what you are watching. Wish the NFL would look into this, I'd even pay for it.

Radio is pretty close to live, and I can't figure out a way to pause it. HDTV seems to be 30 seconds behind the live action at the stadium. I've had calls before from friends where they are discussing plays that have been over and they are in formation for the next play.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,149 times
All big name teams have home radio.

Still honestly, radio is for only if you can't be near a TV.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:30 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I agree. I wish there was a way to sync your home Radio Broadcast to what you are watching. Wish the NFL would look into this, I'd even pay for it.

Radio is pretty close to live, and I can't figure out a way to pause it. HDTV seems to be 30 seconds behind the live action at the stadium. I've had calls before from friends where they are discussing plays that have been over and they are in formation for the next play.
Yes, I have exerienced somewhat large delays in HD broadcasts as well, but I am sure that will get better with each passing season. A couple years ago when HD was still relatively new, sports bars would have one or two HD TVs and then a bunch of old school connections and the old school TVs would be ahead of the HD one. So one section of the bar would be cheering and would be a total spoiler for the majority watching the HD. Most places have since figured out how to synch it up, or just have all HD capable TVs.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Should someone like Troy Aikman be presented as a non partisan broadcaster when covering the team he used to play for?

Yes or no
No...but it doesn't matter much now, does it? He hasn't got his beloved Cowboys to root on any more.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:03 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Just annoying when you try to enjoy a given game where one side is described as wonderful and the other barely adequate. Especially when it isn't true.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
None of them are as bad as Madden was in his last few years. He became a bubbling idiot who did more knob slobbing of Favre, Brady, and Manning than anyone should ever be allowed in the booth. It was ridiculous.

Madden made listening to a game pure hell as he was all about promting himslef as a genius. He never saw a play that didn't work that he would have called or a good play that he did not think of before the coach.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:24 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,182 times
You ever see Dan Fouts do a Chargers game? Talk about a homer.

And Dan DeirDork is the absolute worst. Forget that he says the stupidest things like "you gotta score points if you wanna win in this league", I heard him go homer for teams like the Colts and Pats whenever they play the Ravens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football