Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times

Advertisements

I never watch the halftime show, so it doesn't matter to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,524 times
Bob Dylan has never performed at the SB.

The last 5 SB artists, the "old timers", have been 10 times better than the boy banders, lip syncers, manufactured Nashville country singers, and generally overall horrible performers they previously trotted out there. I mean, did we really need to see the 7th consecutive year of teeny boppers "singing" the ever redundant "Walk This Way"?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:33 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I don't know how you true gridiron fans stomach the commercialized crap associated with the Super Bowl. I'd go nuts if they bastardized the Stanley Cup Finals or UEFA Champions League final like they do with the Super Bowl. I mean...seriously... More people remember the halftime show and commercials than who won the damn game.
True fans can't stomach the media circus that has taken over the Super Bowl. (Some of us don't even watch the game because of it!)

Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
The only thing worse than the half time shows is the choice of """artists"""to sing the National Anthem. Half of the time I can't recognize it. Just bring out a band and play it.

Aren't two of the WHO dead?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:59 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Interpol76 makes a good point. I personally can give to ****s about any of the commercials. How's that for being crotchety? It is noteworthy however to see the major news networks, as well as the cable news groups, want to talk about which commercial was the best one, the wittiest one, etc., etc. Like Interpol stated, it seems that the commercials get talked about as much as the game itself.
I just read an article in the paper and it said there are more people who watch the SB for the commercials than the game. It was like 15% greater number of people than actually want to watch the game. And I believe it.

I actually think the commercials have been horrible for at least 5 years now, there might be a couple that are cool/neat/inventive etc. when it seemed like 10 years ago there was alot of commericials that were inventive that you remembered. but only in america would the commericals be so important.

I remember watching the final fo the Australian Rules Football championship and after the game ended they stayed with the broadcast for over 18 mins. with interviews and pictures. Could you imagine that happening in America?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Yeah the censor police have taken over the halftime show. But what about the Go Daddy ads in comparison...

They should let an old guy like Iggy Pop do the show, maybe he'll cut himself with glass or something old skool like that. Great for TV

Old 01-28-2010, 06:54 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I never watch the halftime show, so it doesn't matter to me.
same here. When the halftime goes on. I go to the bathroom and get some food

Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,370 times
The over commercializing of the Superbowl has made it so that I enjoy watching regular season games a lot more. The Superbowl has turned into super crap.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I just read an article in the paper and it said there are more people who watch the SB for the commercials than the game. It was like 15% greater number of people than actually want to watch the game. And I believe it.
It's been more than a decade since the Super Bowl was an actual sports event. These days, it's a combination media circus and sponsorship blitz. They'd omit the game entirely if they could figure out a way to do so. (I'd be in favor of that, by the way. Let the Super Bowl go back to being the game that decides the NFL championship, and have a completely special program devoted to outrageously expensive commercials--with a "halftime" concert thrown in for a few more ratings points--for all the people who don't really care about football).

Old 02-02-2010, 11:16 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It's been more than a decade since the Super Bowl was an actual sports event. These days, it's a combination media circus and sponsorship blitz. They'd omit the game entirely if they could figure out a way to do so. (I'd be in favor of that, by the way. Let the Super Bowl go back to being the game that decides the NFL championship, and have a completely special program devoted to outrageously expensive commercials--with a "halftime" concert thrown in for a few more ratings points--for all the people who don't really care about football).
True - this has also been done (to a lesser extent) to the NCAA Final Four - or am I not realizing domes are great basketball venues.

Pretty soon the joke will be; "I was watching the Super Bowl and a football game broke out!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football