Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:52 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times

Advertisements

As mentioned, the man is innocent until proven guilty.

However, given his track record over the years, i wouldn't be surprised at the outcome. I thought he would have learned his lesson, but apparently not enough to put himself in a precarious situation.

One thing about LT is that he was always in his element on the field. However, once he stepped out of the locker room, all hell broke loose.

We shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
The problem is that right away it's automatically STATUATORY RAPE based on her age. The actual crime of forcing someone to have sex/rape will be very hard to prove considering she was delivered to him by her pimp.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:44 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Sad to see arguably one of the best Linebackers ever to play go down with such disgrace. On Mike and Mike this morning they were arguing about the role of a NFL head coach...and if the coach should continue to try to mold this young men when their careers begin.

Bill Parcells, who coached LT, said he may have focused too much on making LT a great player, but not such a great man.

Is it the role of a NFL Head Coach to mentor these guys? Or should it be focused on more in college? Most college coaches, when they are sitting in the living room of some high school prospect, basically promise the parents that they will take care of that player.

If your a star player, drafted in the first round, all of a sudden you are a multi-millionaire, with the press and fans hanging on your every move. Then when your career is over, your out on your butt. Hopefully you saved some of that money...but usually the fame and glitz is gone. I think that's hard on a lot of players, like LT.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Sad to see arguably one of the best Linebackers ever to play go down with such disgrace. On Mike and Mike this morning they were arguing about the role of a NFL head coach...and if the coach should continue to try to mold this young men when their careers begin.

Bill Parcells, who coached LT, said he may have focused too much on making LT a great player, but not such a great man.

Is it the role of a NFL Head Coach to mentor these guys? Or should it be focused on more in college? Most college coaches, when they are sitting in the living room of some high school prospect, basically promise the parents that they will take care of that player.

If your a star player, drafted in the first round, all of a sudden you are a multi-millionaire, with the press and fans hanging on your every move. Then when your career is over, your out on your butt. Hopefully you saved some of that money...but usually the fame and glitz is gone. I think that's hard on a lot of players, like LT.
Considering what has happened to players in the 4 major sports, maybe it should be mandatory to have financial management , ethics, and maturity classes. This could help players from going broke, avoid false accusations by putting themselves in bad situations, and maybe also help them grow up to respect people who came before and will come after them.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Thankfully Elliot Spitzer confirmed for all time that biology rules all of us boys. Those of us who make sacrifices are better for it, but make no mistake NOthing is more attractive to most men than a pretty girl.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,942 times
Lets put the prostitute thing aside for a second.

What I don't honestly understand is, how he did not realize that she was too young. There are too many obvious signs of a younger female. That's the problem and shameful part, he knew that she was young but STILL acted, irregardless of the prostitution.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:40 PM

80 posts, read 278,206 times
Another overpayed jock with more money than brains.......

Old 05-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Lets put the prostitute thing aside for a second.

What I don't honestly understand is, how he did not realize that she was too young. There are too many obvious signs of a younger female. That's the problem and shameful part, he knew that she was young but STILL acted, irregardless of the prostitution.
Word is that she claimed 19 years old. Now I realize that most 15-16 year olds look young but it can be a case by case thing. Sometimes they can look older. If LT had a few drinks in him, i'd bet she'd definitely look older. Why would this idiot be hiring a prostitute anyway? I thought he was supposedly happily married.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
the thing that keeps coming to mind for me is, how scary is it to think of the MANY crimes that LT and so many other major sports players that may not be in the media's attention, that they DO get away with...

it's not so farfetched to believe if he's doing it now, at his age, that this is NOT the first time he's done this...and to take it further, was he SEEKING a YOUNGER female?? with his recognition, would it be hard to believe a scumbag pimp would cater to LT and find him an UNDERAGE female to satisfy his sick cravings??

it's long past the days where Pro Athlete's are ROLE MODELS to our young kids...there's no safe bet! i'de love to cling on to the likes of the Phil Mickelson's of the sporting world, but i'm sorry to say, it would be not so surprising to hear him in the news someday...

how bout we just keep pro athlete's as just that...PRO ATHLETE'S. no more, no less...they are human's, with ALOT of money to do what they please, and more often than not, get away with it.

rant over...carry on. enjoy your monday!

Old 05-10-2010, 01:39 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Many of these young girls, and she was a runaway, live hard lives and do look older than your average 16 year old high school kid. We don't know, she could have had some make up on too to make her look older. Street life can age somebody pretty quickly. I just have a hard time believing he would knowingly have sex with somebody under age. Is he guilty of soliciting a prostitute, yes...but I think it remains to be seen about the age issue. I think the pimp lied to him. I mean, I'm not blaming the victim here by any means...but I'm not sure all the facts are in on this. Of course, he should never have put himself in this situation to begin with.

One thing I'm not clear on...she called her uncle via cell phone as soon as she could after the incident. Did she have a cell with her the whole time? If so, why didn't she go into the bathroom and make a 911 call. I realize she was probably scared to death of getting more beaten up but how many pimps let their girls have cell phones? Where did she get it...seems a bit odd to me.

One thing I can say is they have done a good job of protecting her...no photos, no name, description,etc. Wonder how long that will last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football