Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Whirlpool SDU1055XTSS Stainless Steel Dishwasher

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Whirlpool SDU1055XTSS Stainless Steel Dishwasher has proved to be very reliable over the past three years. I bought the dishwasher in 2007 for the following features: Quiet Partner I, many cycle options, and Auto Soil Sensor. I have not had any problems with the dishwasher, and I have enjoyed all of the features.

All of the features have worked very reliably for the past three years. The Quiet Partner I has reliably reduced noise during operation. My previous dishwasher was a 2004 Whirlpool, and the noise was slightly louder during cycles. I have not noticed an increase in noise over the three years of twice-per-week operation, so I find the Quiet Partner I a reliable feature.

There are also many cycle options which have proved reliable over the last three years. The cycles include: Pots and Pans, Normal, and Light. Additional features available to add on to each cycle include: Hi-Temp Wash, Sani-Rinse, Heated Dry, and delay options of 2-, 4-, and 6-hours. Though I tend to maintain a Normal cycle preference, I have tried each cycle and feature, and I have found each cycle and feature work well.

The final feature for which I purchased the Whirlpool SDU1055XTSS Stainless Steel Dishwasher, the Auto Soil Sensor, has also proved reliable. I have never experienced caked dirt or specks when it was not a user error. For example, I have had spots on my glasses when I have forgotten to load a rinsing agent, and I have experienced caked dirt when I did not switch to the Pots and Pans cycle. Adding the agent and switching the cycle on each re-run fixed both issues.

If I were I to purchase a new dishwasher, I would purchase the Whirlpool SDU1055XTSS Dishwasher in black (stainless proves a difficult surface to clean properly). Overall, for reliability, I rate this dishwasher a 5 out of 5.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews