Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Honda Today 50 Scooter

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We live in a relatively quiet area full of cul-der-sacs and my neighbour bought 4 of these for his teens last Christmas. It was different seeing these roaming around out street but they are actually quite nice looking. It wasn't long before everyone else in the street was having a go and from time to time I will take one for a little ride myself. He purchased them in different colours - red, blue and yellow and in my opinion the blue looks the nicest.

I have borrowed one to take out sometimes in the past and when out I fill up petrol. It is so cheap! The speed and engine power is not enough to replace it for a car, otherwise for that low cost to run it would be a great option. For shorter distances it's fantastic but its max speed is about 50kms so that also depends on the type of streets. ALTHOUGH you can buy some extras to increase that and boost performance - my neighbour was told by the sales person that these add-ons are great but it will reduce the lifetime of the scooter, so it depends whether you want performance or a few more years out of it.

It is very easy to ride and also fun! They handle VERY well and the breaks are also very good. I would say that it is safe enough for children (a child that is old enough to know how to handle an electric scooter, so just pre teen). It's been almost a year now since he purchased them and there hasn't been any problems with them at all.

It's a very simple but stylish design so on the whole it is worth the money - they are reliable, look good, are easy to ride, are safe, are cheap to run and a whole lot of fun!

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews