Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

The Oreck XL Gold Vacuum Cleaner

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

At one time I would have thought paying $499.95 for a vacuum cleaner was a crime, but having used many inferior models throughout the years, it came to my attention that I was paying more for machines that didn't last than for the Oreck, which friends claimed would last forever.

I don't know about forever, but I've used mine for over a year and haven't noticed any loss of power. I've used one of the free annual tune-ups where they change belts and perform regular maintenance tasks. The Gold model has six of these checkups included in the price, and it comes with a six-year warranty.

When you first use the Oreck, you will notice how light it is and that it doesn't make as much noise as most other vacuums. I had a Kenmore before getting the Oreck and it was heavier, made more noise, and didn't perform as well. It was five years old when I bought the Oreck. I've kept it as a backup, but my first choice is the XL.

This is without a doubt the most powerful vacuum I have ever used. The price isn't as bad as I first thought because I realized that I could have bought the "Element" for $170 less than what this one cost me. About the only difference is in the length of the warranty. I have one friend who has had an Oreck since the mid 1980's and still swears by it.

If you want to buy only one vacuum cleaner in your life, this is most probably the one to get. It's hard to compare it to another one because there are no other ones in its class that I know about. Once you use it, you'll understand why so many people purchase this vacuum and never change to anything else.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews