Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Britax Frontier 85 Combination Booster Car Seat

britax-frontier-85-combination-booster-car-seat photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Safety is the number one priority in our family and we make sure that we get the best product for my niece, our first baby. My sister always asks for my advice every time she buys something for her baby just like when she was shopping for child car seat.

We checked every available product online. She chose the Britax Frontier 85 because of the features that come with it. I believe it's the right choice and I conform in her decision. Why Britax Frontier 85? Out of the box the child car seat looks very durable and comfortable. In my mind it will last until my niece grow up and the seat is designed to contour the body which is good for my niece to maintain a proper posture, she doesn't slouch while sitting on it.

My niece never complained of any discomfort. She just enjoys riding the car with her
seat, because it's soft she can sleep properly, the non-folding arm rest works perfect. She is so active if it folds, she will surely play with it all the time. The cup holder is a plus because all we have to do is put her milk or water bottle and her snacks on it and She can just grab it whenever she wants anything to drink or eat. The color (Rushmore) matches the car's interior, the latch connectors are also compatible withthe car which makes the installation easy by just following the manual.

The safety features of Britax Frontier 85 was actually the main reason why we
purchased the car seat for my niece. It has the advance side and 360 degree protection features which give us peace of mind while driving.

The True Side Impact Protection protects my niece from any side-impact accident
because the car seat has a solid head support and the side walls are designed to
distribute forces which keeps the head, neck, and spine align to limit injury. On the
other hand, the Super 360 Degree Protection has a versa tether system which anchors
the child seat to the car minimizing forward movement during a sudden stop.
We have proven this safety feature to be effective along with the Harness Ultra
Guard System (HUGS) my niece's head doesn't jerk forward so hard which is a good
sign that the safety features of the child seat is actually working and efficient. The straps are easy to adjust.

There are a few things that bother my sister once in a while, she sometimes complains that the child seat is a bit heavy and the only way to carry it is to carry it by the shell and through the tether strap. Second, the recliner setting is limited and the cover can't be washed or dried in the machine. I always remind my niece to be extra careful not to spill anything on her seat because her mommy will surely get mad. The cover seat can only be hand wash and line dry and that takes an extra time and effort. My sister always put an extra cloth on top of the seat just to protect it from getting dirty.

The disadvantages I mentioned is not actually a big deal, the most important things are the safety features of the child seat. That's the main reason why we bought it, to make sure that my niece is properly protected from any major injury in case of unexpected road accidents. With Britax Frontier 85 I am sure my niece is safe and comfortable with the help of prayers we always have peace of mind travelling.
The price at about $279 for this child car seat is reasonable for the protection and comfort it gives to my niece. She loves her seat, enjoys the ride, and she can sleep comfortably on it. And the best thing, Britax Frontier 85 has a 9-year life span, you can't beat that. Perhaps, this would be the only child car seat my niece will be using until she grows to be able to sit in the car, big enough to use the seat belt, if my sister will be able to take care of it properly.

By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews