Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Panasonic TC-P65V10 65-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV

panasonic-tc-p65v10-65-inch-1080p-plasma-hdtv photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The suggested retail price on the Panasonic TC-P65V10 television is around $2,999. It has one of the largest pictures available, unless you opt for a front projection model television. It comes with true 1080p high resolution, THX certified display, and web access among other things.

I was not looking for the 3-D that is becoming so popular now, so this was a good investment for the features I was seeking. It is large enough for most dens and living spaces, and it is a great way to watch HD broadcasts like football and wide screen movies.

The most troubling part of this TV is the programming I am able to get. Much of the cable fare is in low resolution and some of the source materials are so poor that it is not possible to get a high quality picture. High definition programming is through Direct TV and is downgraded for the cable system so that it isn't really HD when I receive it.

Still the television delivers admirably with the Blu-Ray player and the feed from Netflix. It is great not having to involve the computer when watching things online like YouTube and movie trailers. Some of the outline videos are rather sad when you blow them up to over 5 feet, but some of the high-resolution ones come through quite well.

If you want to adjust your picture yourself to get it the way you like it, there are plenty of settings to play with and it should keep you busy for some time. The glare that causes such a problem for some TVs hasn't bothered me with this model, but it's still important to place the set where it doesn't catch those direct rays in the morning or evening viewing hours.

There are more than enough HDMI inputs for high definition equipment. I only have the Blu-Ray player at this time. Unless you want 3-D television, the Panasonic TC-P65V10 is about as good as it gets.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews