Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 05:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Oster FPSTSM5102 350-Watt 12-Speed All Metal Stand Mixer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Oster FPSTSM5102 350-Watt 12-Speed All Metal Stand Mixer is an excellent addition. Finally, a mixer that meets my need has been created. I've used Oster products before, but whoever designed this mixer, obviously knew what the end user needed. The bowl sits on the stand securely due to a design that makes the bowl fit into a groove and you can adjust the position of the bowl (center of off-center) to account for what you are mixing.

Oster is a solid brand that has existed for over 80 years and is known worldwide for quality. This easy to use 12 speed mixer will start slowly and gradually increase speed so that there are no splash surprises to worry about. The mixers will also stay locked in place so you never have to worry about them falling into the dough. The bowl will also stay securely in place due to brilliant design. You can also use the mixer as hand or stand mixer.

I have a very strong memory as a child getting my hands caught in the mixers and having to hold the bowl while mixing, so I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the design of mixer. Oster is the brand I have known since childhood and the only choice for me when it came to choosing a mixer.

Since there are no splashes to worry about, cleanup is fairly quick and easy. The machine works flawlessly and quickly. Included with the mixer are the standard chrome mixers as well as dough mixers. You also get a 40 stainless steel bowl. The price is $100, but the investment is worth it. Buy this mixes and you will be pleasantly surprised. The mixer has a one year limited warranty.

Pros
Sleek black design
Great features
Great functionality

Cons
Cost

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews