Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid Architect Series II Wine Cellar

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After we moved to California wine country, my wife and I wholly embraced the resident wine culture. Soon enough, we had more wine bottles around the house than we could handle - and nowhere to put them. Knowing that we had to store our wine at the proper temperature, we went out and got a good wine cooler (some improperly call them cellars, I call them coolers),

We knew that our reds and whites had to be stored at different temperatures, so we went with this dual-zone unit that lets you set up different zones with different temperature settings. While a standard cooler would be fine for those that only like reds or only like whites, if you have varying tastes this KitchenAid cooler is perfect. It fits 46 bottles, so that just barely fits our collection. That being said, your average beginning wine aficionado should find this to be just about right.

At $1800, this wine cooler is by no means a small investment. We looked around at more inexpensive units and found that a) they didn't hold nearly enough bottles or b) they were from a brand we'd never heard of. I've learned my lesson about buying appliances made by a brand I never heard of, so KitchenAid was a lock there.

Another factor was that many wine coolers/cellars aren't made to fit under the counter. The Architect Series II can be both. We wanted one to fit under the counter and it is perfect. It doesn't make a lot of noise and looks great. It keeps our wine at the perfect temperature has a glass front so you can show off your collection. We have a habit of drinking our wines before they've completely aged to perfection, but we keep buying more so this cooler has seen a lot of use and will continue to do so for years to come. Highly recommended!

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews