Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 12:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

LG Microwave Oven Model LRM 2060
My husband and I just recently purchased this microwave oven, within the past several months. The retail price by the manufacturer is $169 dollars but we paid about $150 dollars at Wal-Mart. Our older microwave wasn't big enough for many of the cookware that I now use and we needed to upgrade. One of the main reasons we chose the LG brand was because it receives good reviews and we liked the look of this particular model. We also had remodeled our kitchen and the stainless steel finish on this model really looks great in our kitchen.
Some of the other great features of this microwave oven are the larger turntable making it a lot easier to use my larger cookware pans. The inside of the oven is round, and it seems to be easier to clean than other microwaves I have had that had square inside design. Another wonderful aspect is the sensor cook feature that will sense the heat level in the oven and automatically adjusts the power level and the cooking time for the dish. But perhaps the best one is the auto shut off feature, which will sense when your food is done cooking and shuts off the oven to make sure that your food isn't overcooked. I wasn't sure about this feature to be honest, but have tested it several times and our food comes out perfectly heated.
As our family has a smaller kitchen with minimal countertop space, we use ours on a kitchen cart next to the counter, and not on the countertop. However, if I had the space and wanted to get a custom installed look, I could purchase the trim kit that would give the oven the look of a customized microwave. I would definitely do this if I had a bigger kitchen.
The oven has some standard features that are common for most microwaves; a popcorn button, reheating and auto defrost. There is a quick defrost button, but the regular auto defrost is the one I always use. There are other bells and whistles that I haven't had the time to look into or read about in the operation manual. I seem to use the most common features that I am used to using. The microwave is just beautiful outside and really does look nice in any kitchen regardless of the d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews