Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Cannon EOS Digital Rebel XTi Camera $1,100

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I'm not sure where to even begin, this camera offers allot for the money! It offers beautifully detailed pictures with precise clarity even on large prints not something that is easy to get with any ordinary camera. Let me run down some of the features the Rebel XTi has, so you can understand why it delivers such great pictures. DIGIC II image processor, 10.1 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS Sensor, a self cleaning -sensor unit, dust delete data detection, 2.5 inch LCD monitor, display off sensor, 9 point AF system, speedy operation with consecutive shots of up to 3 frames per second, advanced flash photography, 6 preset picture styles, compatible lenses with ef and ef-s lenses, the list goes on and on with built in software and compatible printers. A few key points I want to elaborate on that give this camera such great value is the pixel resolution of 3,904 x 2,598 the highest resolution of any camera in its class. The self cleaning sensor unit has a low pass filter cleans itself automatically with ultrasonic vibrations, removing dust from the sensor assembly. The speed of the operation allows for you to never miss a picture because of camera delay. We purchased ours just before moving, we wanted to make sure we didn't miss any opportunity of capturing a moment in time of our kids and we wanted a camera that would not only capture the moment but the beauty around as well. The camera is easy to use with automatic zoom (you can override the zoom as well if you like) even my kids can take great pictures. We have bumped ours around allot so it's pretty durable. We also purchased a larger lens which works great for kids sporting events to get nice close ups from the stands. I would recommend purchasing the extended warranty with it when you buy just for the cleaning it offers, I think it was through Best Buy now we can take the camera and all the accessories for it in and have them cleaned and maintained to keep the camera in tip top shape for the years to come.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews