Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

HOOVER F7220-900 V2 SteamVac Dual V Deep Cleaner w/SpinScrub Hand Tool

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I purchased the Hoover SteamVac three years ago and it has been a truly disappointing purchase. The cost was $245. This is the heaviest steam vacuum I have ever owned, and it is difficult to get it up and down the stairs. It does clean little messes okay, but on deep down dirt and grime, it is not powerful enough. In addition to my carpets, I have also used it on our tile flooring in the kitchen. The suction of the SteamVac is not strong enough to suck up all of the water that is on the carpet or floor. If I walk over the carpet after using the SteamVac, my socks are almost totally wet. This is even after going over the spot several times from every direction. It also does not clean up all of the water on the tiles floors, but does a better job with that than with the carpets.

In addition to the poor performance of the suction, the plastic made to use the out-going and in-coming water tanks is of very poor quality. The plastic holder for the cord broke within the first few times of using it, and after several more uses, one of the tabs that keeps the lower water tank in place also broke off. This is with normal, not abusive use. One other downside is that it is incredibly loud.

When placing a full tank of water back in the upper position, something on the unit itself pushes the water valve and it leaks a rather sizable amount of water onto the floor. So in addition to cleaning up the original mess or spot on the floor, I find myself having two messes to clean up. I would not recommend this product to anyone, and will not ever purchase this model again.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews