Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Keurig B30 Mini Brewer

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

In the past I have used the B70 and the B40, and both machines have been very excellent for making my morning brew. I used the B40 at home, and we used the B70 at work for customers that come walking in from time to time to get a free cup of coffee. But in the back of the office, we have a standard drip or percolating coffee machine, and I came to realize that the best coffee shouldn't just be for the customers, but that the employees (or at least me) should be entitled to an excellent cup of coffee as well. So for my own desk, I went out and purchased the B30, realizing that it would be just right for my two or three cups of coffee in the morning.

When the B30 came out, it was one of the smallest Keurig machines on the market. It's small size means that it fits on my desk perfectly, and doesn't take up much space at all. And like most other Keurig appliances it's sleek and aesthetically pleasing, so it looks just fine on my desk and blends in with all of the other office decor.

One thing I must say is that this machine makes coffee that tastes just as good if not better than the other Keurig machines that I have used, the B70 and the B40. I use it regularly with both pods and the My K-Cup that I use so that I can put my own coffee into a pod.

You can turn the machine on by using two different methods. The first is to push the power button to the "on" position. The second method is just to open the machine up and put the K-Cup in, and the machine automatically activates when you close it up. Once you close the machine up, the water reservoir cap opens up and then you fill it. After that you place your cup, and then it dispenses coffee in about two minutes. Once you remove your cup, the machine shuts itself off automatically. This is good, but if multiple people are using the machine this can make it a timely proposition.

Long story short, this is a good machine if you're making single cups of coffee for yourself. That was my intention, and it works very well for that use. But because of the auto-shutoff issues, and the fact that it has so many automated functions that make it difficult to make cups repeatedly, I would not recommend it for family use. It's been a good machine, reliable, and very consistent with its K-cup coffee. But overall it's for a specific use - light to moderate use for the individual user. If you're going to do more, I recommend an upgrade to the B70 or another model.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews