Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Keurig B50 Single-Cup Brewing System

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I hesitated to give this 5 stars for only one reason: the price. I paid $135 for mine. It is a very steep price for a coffee maker, but the convenience of it makes it worth the extra money so I went with a top rating.

The K-cups (the individual coffee servings made especially for this machine, and are unfortunately the only coffee you can use for it) come in different flavors of coffee or tea, they are very clean and do not drip at all when they are being removed, they stay very fresh which is great because no one wants stale coffee, and the capability to brew only one cup at a time is extremely convenient. Seeing as how you must use K-cups with the Keurig, it is great that they come in different brands of coffee and tea and also different flavors, rather than being just one-note.

I work from home and I like to keep my Keurig right on the desk in my office so I can brew a cup whenever I want one. Cups of different sizes will fit easily, including travel mugs, which is very nice. If I am brewing in a travel mug, I will simply brew 2 cups of coffee into that one mug, rather than one, to fill it. It is no problem at all and just super convenient. Also, it brews quite quickly, even if it is just a tiny bit noisy at times. I have had no problem finding K-cups, and at very reasonable prices, not too much more than I would pay for a regular bag of coffee.

For anyone who is looking for a quality single-cup coffee maker, I would recommend this one. Other ones I looked at just didn't seem sturdy enough, or seem to have enough space for a cup, or I have read reviews that said they were messy. I think this has been a terrific investment.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews