Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 02:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Makita 3/8" Cordless Driver-Drill 6095 D

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

If there is something that needs to be fixed around the house even if it is a man's job and doable for me I will fix it myself. I can say that I had been my grandfather's apprentice when de does his carpentry around the house when I was in high school and I've learn how to use men's tools like hammer, plainer, and drill.
One time I noticed one of the doors in the house is squeaking the sound is really irritating every time I open and close it plus the door knob is loose. I tried to fix it with a screw driver but it's too hard for me to drive the screws manually so I looked for a drill and found my husband's Makita 3/8" cordless driver drill kit. I was happy and used it to fix the door. The drill is handy and very easy to use for a small woman like me.
This tool holds a 9.6 Volt power which not too strong but powerful enough to suit our personal house repairs and projects. It weighs 3.7 pounds which is light and convenient for me to use. It has a keyless chuck with reversible variable speeds, high-low settings, 6 stage torque settings and it came with one Philips bit and a charger with two batteries.
The battery lasts to finish small jobs like putting new cabinets, doors, even if I drill 20 holes. The battery does not drain and still works even if I don't use the drill and sits in our tools cabinet for months. However, when my husband installed a new bath and remodeled the kitchen he made sure that the extra battery is fully charged to continue working. The battery won't last for a whole day work.
Purchasing a better battery is not necessary for us because we normally use our drill for small house repairs and the extra battery helps when we are working on bigger project at home.
The Makita 3/8" cordless driver drill is definitely a tool for a woman like me. It is light, convenient, durable, and it meets all my needs to repair things at home. The $ 80 price for this tool is worth it it's been 5 years now since my husband bought it, still durable.

By: samutsari

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews