Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 11:35 PM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times

Advertisements

I'm not one to order things from the commercials no matter how interesting or good a product seems, I just can't get over that shipping and handling charge that usually increases the cost exponentially. So unless I see it in the store I go without.

Here in NY there's an As Seen On TV store somewhere (I guess it's still around) but I've never been there. So hurray CVS for carrying a lot of the products where I've purchased a few.

I'll give my opinions on the ones I've purchased.

The Snuggie, it really does keep you warm although it's very thin material. I imagine with each washing it'll eventually thin to holes and fall apart. Well nothing last forever. I can't remember what I paid but I believe it was on sale.

Lint Lizard, dryer vent hose. I purchased this but returned it once I saw the hose coiled in a circle you couldn't straighten out. I wondered what good would it do if it wasn't straight? Besides, my vacuum cleaner attachments could do a better job. Wasn't worth the cost.

Trendy Top, a decent product. I liked it, and it served its purpose. Priced right for both black and white one.

Chop Magic, I just purchased this and loving it. Seems it's always some sort of reincarnated slice and dice product but this one seems pretty sturdy and convenient. Vegetables and fruit are recommended but potatoes, which I used it for, is pushing it a little. You have to press really hard for it to initially go through. I'm afraid enough of this will break it but in the meantime I'm enjoying easily made french fries and home fries with the smaller attachment. Too bad it doesn't cross cut but to cut with a knife after using isn't too bad.lol The price was more than I wanted to pay ($20.00) but I wanted french fries damm*t!

Stone Wave, I'm loving this one too. I started out with making an almost soufflé of some sort, with egg, milk and cheese. I think I'll try making a quiche next. Although it's touted for microwave use I put it in my convection oven and it works fine, so I guess a regular oven would work too but time is the advantage to using this the reason for the microwave but a convection oven also reduces time spent using one of these.

I've been making apple crisp with this which is yummy and I need to slow down since I'm enjoying it too much with ice cream. I plan to purchase another soon since it's so small (one is good for individual use) but the price is right for around $11.00.

That's it for now but share your As Seen On TV reviews.

Last edited by luvnyc; 06-29-2014 at 11:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews