Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 04:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Weber 386002 Q 100 Portable Gas Grill

weber-386002-q-100-portable-gas-grill photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this little device to (illegally) grill on my tiny city balcony, and I could not be more pleased.

First of all, it is really compact. I have a small table on the balcony, smaller than a card table, and the grill can very easily be stored underneath and stay far enough from the edges to be out of the rain. When it's on the table, it takes up a small amount of space, leaving plenty of room for plates and various grilling accessories.

Though it is compact, it is still heavy for one person. It's easy enough to take from floor to table, but I tried (unsuccessfully) to take it on the bus, but found it too heavy to do by myself. Perhaps, with a second person or easy access to a vehicle, it wouldn't have been a problem.

The second thing I really love about it is that it's very easy to clean. Having owned big, expensive grill, I absolutely appreciate the small grill plate and the fact that it's very easy to clean. Also, the grill comes with a removable catch basin under the cooking surface, which can be thrown away and replaced without having to deal with a mess of gobby, hot grease. The catch basic actually catches most of the runoff from the cooking surface, which is wonderful.

The cook surface is small, in proportion to the grill as a whole. It wouldn't work for large groups of people, unless you wanted to spend the entire party at the grill. It will cook chicken or bratwurst or small steaks for about three people at a time. It heats evenly like many decent gas grills so there are no cold or hot spots.

Keep in mind that the gas cylinder is sold separately and will tack on an extra forty dollars or so.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews