Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 03:06 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Husky Pro 6.5 hp, 60 gallon Air Compressor

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Husky 60gallon Air Compressor model #vt631402aj is a great all purpose air compressor. This air compressor was the last upright compressor that is made in the USA by Husky which is a division of Campbell Hausfeld and has been in business for 180 years. This air compressor is used at our home to run our air nail gun, our compressor tools for automotive body and engine work. This air compressor is suitable for sandblasting. This air compressor delivers consistent air pressure suitable for professional grade painting. For a 60 gallon air compressor this one is has considerably quite operation. One of the negative aspects of this air compressor is that it doesn't move easy, and is extremely cumbersome. It is important to have a lot of hose to ensure you can complete your project without the frustration of trying to move the compressor. Having allot of hose means more time wrapping, storing, tripping over and working around the hose which is the main inconvenience of any compressor. The cast iron pump was the main reason I purchased this, I had other compressors that were cast aluminum without the belt drive and once the break you can rebuild them as many times as you want and they still don't last as long as they did with the original parts. One negative about using a compressor that requires oil is the fact that you need a good oil/water catch to keep it from getting in the line. So far I've painted a Jeep and two Rams with this. It will run constantly but it also maintains enough pressure for my HVLP paint gun to atomize the pain and get a great finish. I still want to stress the fact that this compressor is very quiet and a conversation can be carried out within 10 feet from it with a normal voice, unlike my others that I didn't want to even be in the same shop when they were on.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews