Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Omron HEM-790IT Blood Pressure Cuff

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The HEM-790IT is at the more expensive end of Omron's blood pressure cuffs at $119.99, but after having frequent problems with blood pressure monitors in the past I decided that choosing cheap alternatives wasn't worth it. Omron are a reliable company which dominates the home blood pressure monitoring field and ensure that their products are accessible to everyone by offering different sizes of cuff for people with larger or smaller body shapes.
The monitor is to be used on the upper arm with an easy to use cuff that wraps around it. After much research and a consultation with my doctor I discovered that this is the most effective and accurate way to get pressure readings, and despite very occasional abnormal readings, the HEM-790IT always appears to give consistent and accurate readings.
What impressed me the most about this cuff was that it is surprisingly easy to use. Unwrapping it and taking the pressure reading is very simple, but it also comes with the ability to download all your pressure readings to your computer through a USB connection which I thought would be overly complicated. However, transferring the results from one machine to another is so easy that I didn't even need to spend hours with the manual before I started.
It has a very good battery life and comes with an included adaptor, so you won't have to pay for a new set of batteries every week. The cuff can accommodate two regular users and also has a guest mode, which is perhaps the most useful feature as people inevitably want to try it on when they see it and you don't have to pay double to monitor the patterns of more than one person in your household.
The HEM-790IT is one of the most expensive home blood pressure monitors available, but it gets full marks for consistent and accurate readings, ease of use and the multi-user function that saves money if you would otherwise have to buy more than one monitor.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews