Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Upright Vacuum, 6596

bissell-powerforce-turbo-bagless-upright-vacuum-6596 photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My home floors are mostly carpet and I live in a dry climate which can be a bit dusty, so I make good use of my vacuum cleaner. Awhile back, the one I'd been using for a number of years gave-up-the-ghost, so it needed replacing. At the time, my budget was tight, so I went to Wal-Mart to see what was available.

With how much I use my vacuum, I looked at the higher priced models and brought a Dirt Devil. I don't know if I managed to find the bad apple in that bunch or what, but I was totally disappointed and took it back. Then I found the Bissell PowerForce Turbo Bagless Upright Model 6596. I compared the specs with the more expensive Dirt Devil I had just returned and was impressed with the way it stacked up, and for just a little more than half the price. Thinking back, I seemed to remember my grandmother had had a Bissell, so I bought it.

Back home, I unpacked it and was able to assemble it myself with the aide of one screwdriver. Then the moment of truth - how well did it work? I plugged it in, turned it on and took it for a drive across the living room carpet. By the time I was halfway finished vacuuming that one room, I looked at the dust cup and had the shock of my life - it was full! I didn't know whether to be excited or embarrassed. To look at it, you'd have thought I hadn't vacuumed the carpet in years, yet I had done so just last week. I emptied the dust cup and when I finished the room, had to empty it again. I have a three bedroom house I share with a husband, two kids and the cat, so the carpet can get dirty. I emptied the dust cup two more times.

I like the fact the vacuum has 5 adjustments for height and a long (30') cord, which allows me to handle the living room and hall without having to move the plug. It's also relatively lightweight and easy to move around. I work on a computer a lot and the doctor is concerned I might have the beginning of carpel tunnel syndrome, so the less stress I put on my wrists, the better, which makes this vacuum even more attractive to me.

I am definitely sold on my new Bissell and am happy to recommend it to anyone else in the market for a new vacuum.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews