Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Orbit Toddler Car Seat

orbit-toddler-car-seat photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The Orbit Toddler car seat is a high-end model. It is designed to use for infants in the 15-35 pound rear facing weight range as well as for larger babies in the 20-50 pound forward facing weight range. Some popular features include the way the seat docks onto the base, stroller and rocker with the use of the "Smart Hub". This allows the seat to rotate in a complete 360 degree circle to make it easier to load babies into the car. Just rotate the seat towards the door and place the child in it before you spin it around to the front or back.

The Orbit is safe and offers a lot of protection for the little one with extensive side protection areas that are well padded with foam. Even the foam is of a higher grade that is softer and stronger. The headrest adjusts for comfort and the upholstery can be removed easily and cleaned without the need to remove the harness.

I purchased the Orbit Toddler car seat even though Orbit is a new name and this seat was one of the more expensive choices because of the convenience the hub offered. It also works with the stroller so if offers a lot of convenience when you like to take the baby along. All I have to do is pull the levers to rotate or unlock the seat.

The car seat comes with a UV sunshade that is easy to snap into place to protect the baby from direct sunlight. There is also a panel in the back that keeps the belts and sunshade out of the way. The fabric used for the car seat alternates between micro-fiber and ventilated fabrics which keeps the toddler comfortable and prevents them from getting soaked with sweat.

The biggest negative of this car seat is that once the baby is facing forward, the swivel option is no longer an option. There is also no option to recline the seat so that the baby can't lie down. It does offer the option of taking your sleeping baby out of your vehicle and transferring to the stroller but it is incredibly heavy. Not everyone has the strength to make this an easy transition.

My baby is already close to out-growing the car seat in the rear facing position so I am going to have to switch to the forward facing position and lose the biggest advantage. If I had realized the difficulty of the extra weight of the car seat, I probably would have bought a different brand that was less expensive.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews