Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 02:57 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Sharp FU40SEJ Air Purifier

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We always had a portable air purifier in the house specifically for the bedrooms of family members with asthma. We purchased another air purifies for the house to stay in one room at a time when a number of family members were sick and we thought it could help a little as well by having one sitting in the largest main room of the house.

It wasn't on the cheap side of the price range for this product but I do think it is worth it. From when it was first used, the air in the room was just really really fresh - it was winter at the time too so at a time when doors and windows aren't generally left open to air a house it was extra great.

It has convenient features such as a timer and remote control which is good because rather then keep it on all the time if we go out and use electricity; we can just set it to turn on before we get home. It is quiet too, not disturbing at all.

The dust filter system is HEPA which is definitely the best and to control asthma and allergies in the past we have only bought vacuum cleaners with this filter, so it was good to see it use the same one that we knew was effective.

It has a setting for smoke removal which I know works because one of the family members decided to test it out one weekend while we were away and informed us that the filter was working really well because we couldn't smell cigarette smoke in the house when we returned.

There are sensors on it that change the mode when necessary so if there are any odours or dust, it will automatically turn on and do its job. I was very impressed with odour remover, that is so handy to have and it will remove any smell before it becomes really noticeable.

There is also an air status indicator which tells you the status of the air in the room. There is no grass in our backyard and the concrete does collect a lot of dust particles and bring them straight through the doors - the dust in the air isn't a problem at all anymore. It really does work that well.

One thing I should note in case it's not clear - I have only used this in my house. I'm not sure how effective it would be on a larger scale. Although, the room this is in is quite large, I'm not sure for something like an office.

It has definetely helped that asthma and one thing that has to be more then coincidence is that last winter, the amount of cold and flu that passed through this house was considerably lower.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews