Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Sanyo 55" LED-LCD HDTV-DP55360

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We purchased this 55" Sanyo LED-LCD HDTV at the beginning of the year and it has been a great purchase that the whole family has loved. From playing Wii games to watching movies to watching our regular TV shows, we have found this TV to be one that has really enriched our viewing experience. It looks huge compared to other, smaller televisions, which makes everyone happier. It is almost like having a miniature movie screen in your home. From the first time out of the box, we found it easy to connect to the DVD player, DVR, surround sound, and more. This is an excellent benefit as it can often be overwhelming to try to get everything working well together. The picture on this television is amazing! Almost makes you feel as if you can climb inside the TV and be right in the middle of the action. Clear picture that will delight every family, whether you are using it primarily for games or for TV watching, you will find that the detail that can be seen with this clear picture will add to your watching pleasure. The only negative that I can think of is that the channels that are not HD are clearly noticeable, but this is not really a big deal if you consider that you are buying it to be able to enjoy HD in its fullest pleasure. If you have HD channels, you will want to have an HDTV like this Sanyo television. As far as price, you can't beat it. It is a great value for a 55" television when compared to the other brands. If you are looking for a budget friendly, large screen, LCD TV, you will definitely want to consider this Sanyo LCDTV. It offers all of the features that you want at a price that you can afford.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 15,083 times
Nightmare!
After a few months, tv started cutting off.
Then Netflix stopped working.

I contacted the router company, Netflix, Sanyo, ISP, you name it, and nobody knew why Netflix stopped working.

Then TV shut down totally.

Contacted Sanyo.

Sanyo put me through some tests and decided tv needed to be fixed.

A local tv repair shop kept the tv for a month. They replaced the power. Then Netflix worked again.

TV lasted one month and then it shut down again.

TV repair shop took couple of weeks to contact me and say part will take three weeks to get here from Mexico.

TV repair shop says Sanyo's fault for purchasing defective parts from Mexico.

Sanyo says tv repair shop not fixing tv correctly.

Bottomline: Television dead and part won't be here for several weeks.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 12,403 times
We bought our 55" Sanyo DP55360 2 1/2 years ago, fell in love with it immediately, fabulous picture, sound not great but we had surround so it wasn't a huge deal. About a month after we had it the sound would cut out completly, restart tv sound comes back on, no biggy, not a show stopper, we liked the TV that much that we kept it, about 8 months later it went from the sound cutting out too the whole TV cutting off, not happy, called walmart, warrantee, got the run around, took about a month before the TV cut out completly and would not come back on. Called Walmart again, became very insistant and I eventually just took the TV back and received and identical Tv in return. Totally ok with that, we loved the TV that much that we figured we just got a bad one, so the new one started doing the sound thing that the last one did immediately but it wasn't as bad so we didn't worry to much about it, so we've had the new one about a 1 1/2 years and the kids turned it on one day, total green screen. After my first initial heartattack I called the warrantee company and they were going to send someone out to fix it, then I get a call about 3 days later, can't fix, gave me 2 different options for 2 different TV's. Said my old TV couldn't be fixed, main board went out :-( Not happy with this, loved Sanyo won't buy from them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews