Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 02:41 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

2007 Chevrolet Aveo

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I came across this car as I shopped for a new vehicle several years back. While I have test driven it several times and been in the vehicle multiple times as a passenger, I found that the Chevrolet Aveo is a pretty boring car. I imagine the decision behind purchasing an Aveo is one made more from necessity than from actually scoping out the market and finding a car that you want. This vehicle appears to be a car of need rather than want. The model appears to be intentionally designed for people who need to get around but cannot afford anything beyond that.
The car's exterior is a bit cheesy looking. While it does possess modern sleek styling and falls in line with some of the design principles of its competition, the exterior looks cheap enough to reinforce that this is a car and nothing more.
Driving the Aveo isn't much better. It takes you from A to B in a fair amount of time but acceleration is lacking, handling is adequate and the car just kind of moves along at a laconic pace.
While experienced drivers may view the as Aveo lacking most of the refinement and precision they have come to expect, I picture this model of car to appeal to many teenagers who are looking to get their first car. The biggest complement I can give this vehicle is that its price tag is highly justifiable in relation to what one gets. The car is so inexpensive because you aren't getting much more than some wheels, an engine, a few seats and a steering wheel. This can certainly be attractive for younger people who are on a tight budget and aren't looking to travel in style or luxury.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews