Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 05:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Samsung 4.3 cu. ft. Front Load Steam Washer WF419AAW/XAA

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

A real laundry room work horse, the Samsung steam washer makes laundry seem almost fun. It's large enough to wash a queen sized comforter and offers the power of steam for wiping out tough stains, deodorizing, and sanitizing. I try it out with something new every week. Recently I deodorized my husband's running shoes, removed stains from white fabrics without the use of chemicals, and sanitized my daughter's stuffed animals after she'd had a cold. As a green consumer, I love that it uses very little water, requires half the detergent, and helps me keep clothes stain-free without resorting to bleach and other harsh chemicals. Price wise, I found it to be on par with other major brands, while offering superior design and style. One word of warning, however, to those who have never had a front load washer- always air it out thoroughly after each use. Front load washers are air tight, unlike their top load counterparts, and so it is very easy for moisture to sour and create mold or mildew. Washed loads will sour quickly, so never leave a load in overnight. At the end of each day, be prepared to wipe out the machine with a dry cloth and leave the door open until the machine is dry. Wrap a wash cloth around your fingers and wipe inside the rubber seal ring to remove moisture and stray objects. If you do notice a sour odor developing, run an empty load with baking soda, wipe down the interior, and leave the door open over night. Also be sure to wipe inside the rubber seal, as hair and moisture tend to collect there. Overall, I have found the Samsung front load steam washer to be an amazing appliance and highly recommend it. It takes a little extra care, but is well worth it in the long run.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 10:13 AM

120 posts, read 251,805 times
I've been using this washer since we bought it new in Dec 2009. It's great! No problems. I do wipe down the door and rubber gasket area after the last load, and then I keep the door ajar for airflow circulation. I haven't had any issues with odors and it's been over 5 years, now. Additionally, it contains the special silver bar so if you did forget to transfer your clothes to the dryer in a timely fashion, simply rewash them with the 'active' cycle and the silver will kill of any bacteria which would cause the odors in your clothes, as well as the machine. Great machine, and I love the matching dryer, as well (DV419AEW/XAA). We keep ours on the pedestals and have not had any vibration problems. I highly recommend these units.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews